Senior Hadoop/Hive Engineer
Engineering | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We are the dominate leader in everything location! In fact, we recently raised $20 million for location advertising. We have built the world’s largest location-based media company though mobile app partnerships and the top Public Wi-Fi providers (AT&T, T-Mobile, Boingo, British Telecom) to deliver advertising to on-the-go, affluent audiences with outstanding results. Today we are serving billions of ads across hundreds of mobile apps and wifi partners.
JiWire has been widely recognized as an industry leader in both the US & the UK during this past year, and we’re honored by this. AlwaysOn recently named JiWire as one of its OnMobile & OnMedia Top 100 Media Companies for the second year in a row. We also won the eConsultancy Award for Innovation in B-to-B media & Most Innovative Online Advertising Campaign, to name just a few.
We have aggressively become a leader in location through strategic partnerships, acquisitions, and launching revolutionary products. Recently we filed a patent and trademarked the concept of Location Graph – a platform that is able to target users in a real time based on user location, previous history and act-alike behavior. We accomplish it by applying machine learning to a vast amount of the first party data in combination with third party data providers.
We are looking for a hadoop sysadmin/engineer who can ensure our hadoop cluster is built and tuned in the most optimal way to support the activities of the ETL and Big Data teams.
- Own development of ETL/ELT and Big Data activities on Hadoop
- Create and optimize custom java/pig/hive scripts/jobs
- Work with Data Engineers and OPs on troubleshooting and optimizing hadoop jobs
- Participate in the full life cycle development from design, architecture, development and tuning
- Collaborate and assist sysadmin and platform teams in using Hadoop cluster
- Strong Experience with Hadoop technologies (HDFS, Hive, HBASE, Pig) is a must
- Hands on with shell, java/python/perl, sql
- Experience with NoSQL storage technologies including: HBase, BigTable, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience with Mapr is a plus
- Be a team player (this is important!)
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field (Masters a plus).
What's in it for you
- Be the lead in building the systems for the most disruptive revolution in the mobile advertising industry based on the Big Data
- Work with wicked smart people in the hottest area of modern business – mobile/local/social targeting
- Excellent benefits and stock option plan
JiWire, a name as interesting as its people. We are passionate about everything we do, whether it’s working, telling the JiWire story at industry events, playing our Xbox Kinect, or participating in Beer Fridays. We come from a background of companies like, TiVo, CNET, AOL, Walmart, Coca Cola and many we just picked up out of college. Together we have created a company that is awesome, inspiring, innovative, fast-passed, nimble, and forward thinking.
Sound like a company you want to work for? We are looking for smart, hungry, humble people who are truly passionate about building a great company! If you are looking for a place to put your handprint and make an impression – JiWire wants you! For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to http://jiwire.com/jobs.
JiWire is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.