Senior Big Data Engineer
Engineering | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
NinthDecimal is the leading mobile audience intelligence company empowering marketers with the most comprehensive understanding of people by connecting their digital and physical lives. Fortune 500 companies and marquee brands, including Microsoft, Target, Kraft, Comcast, American Express, Starbucks and Toyota, use NinthDecimal to achieve high performing campaigns by engaging the most precise and relevant audiences across all media channels on a single platform. By bridging online and offline data sources, NinthDecimal offers the most precise audience solution in the market to create a true understanding of mobile consumers and how to engage them throughout their path-to-purchase. Its Location Conversion Index™ (LCI™) is the mobile industry’s most accurate ROI metric for measuring the incremental lift in store visits directly attributed to mobile ad campaigns; and its data partnerships with leading companies like Datalogix and Neustar provide a comprehensive closed-loop solution for marketers.
We are looking for a strong engineer with experience in building and scaling big data pipelines. We are dealing with terabytes of new data coming every day and the demand and use case on this data are ever increasing. The candidate for this position will play in important role in scaling the company’s data capabilities – which is a core asset at NinthDecimal.
- As a member of the Core Data Services team, participate in development and optimization of data pipelines
- Stay on top of evolving technology (streaming, etc.) to suggest, prototype and implement improvements to the data architecture
- Assure data quality and consistency of produced data shapes.
- Hands-on experience in building scalable data pipelines at multi-terabyte scale using Spark with scala/python, Kafka or other streaming technologies, sql and nsql based systems
- Expert in performance tuning of processes in hadoop based ecosystem
- Expert in designing and implementing efficient data pipelines
- Expert in scala/python/sql. Java and C++ are a plus
- Experience with streaming and queuing technologies
- Commitment to best software engineering practices (unit testing, code reviews etc.) and agile process
- Passion for data quality
- Great communication skills – this position will be in a middle of discussions with product owner, other engineers, QA and devops, therefore ability to understand requirements and articulate solutions is super critical
- At least 3 years of working with Big Data
- Nice to have: Experience in media/advertising business. Experience with statistical analysis, data mining, machine learning
What's in it for you?
- 100% mobile revenue growth year over year - the company is a great acquisition target
- This role is crucial for the company’s future
- Be the lead of the most disruptive revolution in the mobile advertising industry
- Work with wicked smart people in the hottest area of modern business – mobile/local/social targeting
- Excellent benefits and stock option plan
NinthDecimal, a name as interesting as its people. We are passionate about everything we do, whether it’s working, telling the NinthDecimal story at industry events, playing our highly competitive ping-pong games, or participating in Beer Fridays. We come from a background of companies like, YP, TiVo, CNET, AOL, Walmart, Coca Cola and many we just picked up out of college. Together we have created a company that is awesome, inspiring, innovative, fast-passed, nimble, and forward thinking.
Sound like a company you want to work for? We are looking for smart, hungry, humble people who are truly passionate about building a great company! If you are looking for a place to put your handprint and make an impression – NinthDecimal wants you! For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to http://NinthDecimal.com/jobs.
NinthDecimal is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.