Director, Media Operations
Advertising Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Director, Media Operations
NinthDecimal is the leading mobile audience intelligence platform enabling brands to engage with the right audience, at the right time. Fortune 500 companies and marquee brands, like Samsung, Gap, Best Buy, Microsoft and Volkswagen, use NinthDecimal’s precise audience intelligence and sophisticated campaign analytics to drive optimal brand experiences and unprecedented campaign ROI. By combining online and offline data sources, NinthDecimal provides the most comprehensive understanding of audiences by connecting their digital and physical worlds. Its mobile targeting approach delivers 4X higher performance than alternative approaches, and its Location Conversion Index™ is the mobile industry’s most accurate ROI metric that measures the increase of in-store visits directly attributed to mobile ad campaigns.
The Media Operations department is responsible for all aspects of revenue delivery at NinthDecimal, from inventory and revenue forecasting, creative QA and trafficking, technical trouble-shooting, campaign management & reporting on delivery/performance metrics, and day-to-day technical management of all our supply partners.
Reporting to the VP of Media Product & Operations, the Director of Media Operations will lead our media operations function and oversee a team of campaign managers and ad traffickers. The right candidate will have –
- 5-7 years of experience working in hands-on ad operations roles that also includes 3+ years managing and mentoring other individuals.
- IAB Ad Operations Certification.
- a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or Business.
- a solid understanding of the mobile/digital landscape.
- an appetite to continually improve team workflow and process to ensure we deliver best-in-class ad operations.
- a collaborative, “can do” attitude that helps facilitate flawless execution in concert with our sales and customer success teams.
- Manage and motivate the ad operations team on a day-to-day basis; ensure appropriate resource allocation across regions, efficient workflow and flawless output.
- When necessary, roll up your sleeves and help the team set-up and execute media campaigns. Lead technical QA process on custom campaigns and executions.
- Look to continually identify and implement scalable, cost saving opportunities for improvement within team processes, supporting systems and communication channels.
- Manage technical integration of external vendors/services. Work with 3rd party Rich Media & verification vendors to ensure all products technically work on our network of partner sites. Act as technical liaison for cross-functional internal departments and external clients.
- Work with the product team to modify and/or test evolving technology and products.
- Act as an ambassador of ad operations across the organization.
- Industry experience in technical ad operations support role working with mobile, display, & video ad serving platforms.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with great attention to accuracy, have excellent organizational skills and have the ability to manage and communicate with teams on multiple projects.
- Experience with Dart for Publishers (DFP) and 3rd party ad serving platforms.
- Excellent written communication and verbal agility are necessary for cross-team collaboration.
- Experience with rich media production using Celtra, and verification vendors for viewability, fraud, and audiences.
- Thorough understanding of the programmatic landscape is required. This includes bidding technologies, PMPs, DSPs, DMPs etc.