Engineering | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
NinthDecimal is the leading mobile audience intelligence company empowering marketers with the most comprehensive understanding of people by connecting their digital and physical lives. Fortune 500 companies and marquee brands, including Microsoft, Target, Kraft, Comcast, American Express, Starbucks and Toyota, use NinthDecimal to achieve high performing campaigns by engaging the most precise and relevant audiences across all media channels on a single platform. By bridging online and offline data sources, NinthDecimal offers the most precise audience solution in the market to create a true understanding of mobile consumers and how to engage them throughout their path-to-purchase. Its Location Conversion Index™ (LCI™) is the mobile industry’s most accurate ROI metric for measuring the incremental lift in store visits directly attributed to mobile ad campaigns; and its data partnerships with leading companies like Datalogix and Neustar provide a comprehensive closed-loop solution for marketers.
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist with a track record of developing and taking to production data science based products. As NinthDecimal continues to advance its position as a leader in Measurement, Insights and Analytics for Marketing and Advertising industry, it’s crucial to back it up with a solid data science methodology, processes and data quality. As a member of the Data Science team, you’ll be responsible for developing statistical and machine-learning models that deliver accurate and robust measurement of foot traffic metrics of interest to our advertising clients. You will work closely with other data scientists, the Product team, various business units, other engineering teams. This is one of the key positions at the company with an opportunity to define and shape the measurement standards in a very dynamic and evolving industry. The responsibilities for this position include these activities:
· Monitor and evaluate the quality of all incoming data
· Establish robust processes to insure the stability, accuracy, reproducibility and overall quality of all algorithms and processes
· Ensure operational and optimal execution in production of all data science routines and processes
· Represent Data Science team in Product and Roadmap design sessions
· Participate in building reliable QA processes for both data and results
· Collaborate on key architectural decisions and design considerations
· Contribute to and promote good software engineering practices across the Engineering Department.
· Understand the current data sets and models and provide thought leadership by discovering new ways to enrich the data
· A true passion for data, research and a solid data science approach
· Solid track record of successful building data science driven products
· Extreme passion for data quality
· Dedication to innovation and continuous improvement
· Ability to manage competing priorities in a dynamic and fast paced business environment.
· Experience working with and leading small analytics teams.
· Experienced/Advanced programmer in Python, Scala, or similar programming languages + SQL
· Expertise in probability and statistics, including machine learning, modeling and experimental design
· Familiarity with Bayesian inference and MCMC methodologies is desirable
· Experience in developing algorithms based on multi-billion records data size
· Be an excellent communicator able to articulate complex decisions to the cross functional team
· Advanced degree in Statistics, Economics, Operations Research, or similar quantitative fields is preferred
· At least 2 years of revenue generating data science experience
· Familiarity with the digital media / advertising industry is a big plus
· Experience with Hadoop based technologies, such as Hive, Spark
What's in it for you?
· 100% mobile revenue growth year over year - the company is a great acquisition target
· This role is crucial for the company’s future
· Be the lead of the most disruptive revolution in the mobile advertising industry
· Work with wicked smart people in the hottest area of modern business – mobile/local/social targeting
· Excellent benefits and stock option plan
NinthDecimal, a name as interesting as its people. We are passionate about everything we do, whether it’s working, telling the NinthDecimal story at industry events, playing our highly competitive ping-pong games, or participating in Beer Fridays. We come from a background of companies like, YP, TiVo, CNET, AOL, Walmart, Coca Cola and many we just picked up out of college. Together we have created a company that is awesome, inspiring, innovative, fast-passed, nimble, and forward thinking.
Sound like a company you want to work for? We are looking for smart, hungry, humble people who are truly passionate about building a great company! If you are looking for a place to put your handprint and make an impression – NinthDecimal wants you! For immediate consideration, please submit your resume to http://NinthDecimal.com/jobs.
NinthDecimal is an AA/EEO employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce.