Senior Systems Administrator
Information Technology | Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada | Full Time
One of Vancouver’s leading MSP’s (Managed Service Provider), providing exceptional IT support, project, and cloud services to growing organizations. If you are a Senior Systems Administrator powered by a passion for technology, we’d love to hear from you.
Jibio is a global, data-driven, technology focused recruitment firm. We are founded by tech professionals to help companies solve every-day hiring challenges. As a people first company that loves technology, we pride ourselves by being human, attentive, and creating an enjoyable candidate experience.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Systems Administrator that customers/clients can rely on. If you are an energetic problem-solver who loves tackling complex issues and working independently with minimal supervision, this position is for you!
- Lead infrastructure projects, both for clients and internally.
- Develop and implement solutions for client system/network deployments and changes.
- Supervise technical project work and support team members in achieving technical goals.
- Define and document best practices for backup and disaster recovery planning.
- Ensure high availability and performance standards across a wide variety of infrastructure.
- Participate in on-call rotation and occasional after-hours maintenances.
- Assist with hardware/software vendor evaluation and recommendations to clients.
- Other duties as required.
SOUND LIKE YOU?
- 5+ years managing Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016/2019 in a business environment, including Group Policy, Remote Desktop Services, and Office 365 deployment.
- 5+ years managing and administering VMware 6+ and ESXi hosts, with an equivalent backup & recovery solution such as Veeam.
- 5+ years in enterprise network deployment and management, using Cisco or similar products.
- 2+ years deploying and managing Azure environments.
- One or more of the following technical certifications: MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, VCP or similar
- Linux experience is a huge asset.
- Experience with MSP systems such as ConnectWise and RMM is a must.
- Experience supporting game development studios/media & entertainment an asset.
Ability to translate business issues and desired outcomes into technical solutions
Exceptional interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills
Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively meet competing deadlines
Excellent time management/organization skills with attention to detail
BC Class 5 drivers’ license with clean abstract required
Vancouver, BC. Our client’s head office is conveniently located in the Olympic Village/Mount Pixel minutes away from downtown.
Extended health and dental
Life & AD&D insurance
Mobile phone plan
Employee discount on hardware
Professional development budget
Weekly catered office lunch
Jibio is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Click on the link to apply.