Personal Support Worker
Health Care | Regional Municipality of Halton, Ontario, Canada | Full Time
Our client is now hiring Personal Support Workers (PSWs).
PSW students who have completed placement and RN/RPN graduates or students who are willing to work as Caregiver/Personal Support Workers are encouraged to apply as well.
Location: Downtown Toronto Rate of Pay: $15.00 per hour plus 4% vacation pay Shifts: Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Overnight - Weekdays & Weekends
The role of the PSW is to assist clients with activities of daily living with the goal of supporting client independence and optimal functioning.
Your duties may include but not limited to:
• Personal Care Assistance
• Grocery Shopping
• Light Housekeeping & Laundry
• Meal Planning & Preparation
• Medication Reminders
• Escorting clients to appointments
Ambulatory Assistance Minimum Qualifications
• PSW Diploma or if you are a PSW/RPN/RN student then proof of enrollment in the PSW/RPN/RN program
• Current First Aid & CPR Level C
• Ability to travel between assignment either by public transit or car
• Flexibility to work different shifts (morning, afternoons, evening or over-night during weekdays or weekends)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good judgement, problem-solving and assessment abilities
• Ability to work collaboratively with the care team
• This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting, walking, climbing stairs, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement.