Forklift Driver - Shipping & Recieving
Manufacturing | Richmond, British Columbia, Canada | Full Time
Title: Materials Handler
Location: Richmond, BC
Reporting to the Shipping Supervisor, your primary responsibility is to move raw materials, WIP, finished goods, scrap and garbage throughout the plant in a safe and timely manner, by interacting with Shipping Supervisor, and Department Supervisors.
- Move raw materials from receiving to storage or point of production as required.
- Move WIP from one production department to next as required.
- Move finished goods from production to warehouse or shipping staging area as required.
- Move all scrap to trailer or dumpster as applicable.
- Accurately complete all paper work and documentation in a timely fashion.
- Follow all Food Safety, product quality and Health and Safety Guidelines as laid out in the Departmental Summary.
- Assists in all other work required to be completed.
- Perform forklift pre-shift inspection.
- Supplies empty pallets for different departments.
- Moves finished goods and WIP into appropriate storage areas.
- Keeps warehouse and WIP storage area organized by product to avoid extra handling and damage.
- Maintains high standard of record keeping and organization in plant and warehouse storage racks.
- Inspect, load and unload raw materials from trucks and containers, including but not limited to paper rolls, lumber wrap rolls and resin.
- Dumps garbage and paper recycling bins located throughout the plant.
- Moves scrap gaylords production to the scrap trailer.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by Shipping Supervisor.
- Good math and English comprehension skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English; reading, writing and speaking
- Flexibility, reliability
- Shift work is required, ability to work all of our shifts
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Ability to follow directions, written or spoken
- Physically able to perform all aspects of the job; be on your feet entire shift, bending, reaching , walking, sitting, lifting up to 70lbs
- Have a valid counter balance fork lift certificate or be able to certify immediately with current skill level.
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent
- 3 or more years warehouse driving experience
- Strong Teamwork Ethic
- Clamp and spike truck experience an asset
- Computer skills an asset, Microsoft Office
- First aid certificate an asset
- Manufacturing and production plant
- Breaks are 2 X 10 min paid breaks and 1 X 30 min unpaid. Breaks to be determined by Supervisor