Blown Film Extrusion Operator
Manufacturing | Richmond, British Columbia, Canada | Full Time
Blown Film Extrusion Operator - Minimum 1 year work experience
We are looking for a highly motivated, energetic individual to join our clients flexible packaging team. The ideal candidate will demonstrate dependability, initiative, and drive. Must have the ability to time self movements or the movement of equipment in anticipation of change overs. Must be flexible, responsible, creative, and solution oriented when faced with challenges. Must have the ability to act appropriately when faced with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Adjust machine components to regulate speeds, pressures and temperatures, amounts, and dimensions, and flow of materials or ingredients using a formula.
- Examine, measure, and weigh materials or products to verify conformance to standards, using measuring devices such as tape measures and scales using basic math.
- Monitor machine operations to ensure maximum and accurate output, and make adjustments when applicable.
- Start-up, set-up. Production and cleanup including dies, screen packs, and screws. Ensure sheet produced is in compliance with Quality Standards by performing Quality checks.
- Review Production Books. Specifications, or instructions to determine materials, ingredients, procedures, components, settings, and adjustments.
- Identify exact materials being used, maintain accurate production reporting and demonstrate understanding of material flow.
- Select and install machine components such as dies, rolls, and cutters, according to specifications, using hand tools and measuring devices.
- Record and maintain production data such as meter readings, and quantities, types, and dimensions of materials produced accurately.
- Notify supervisors when operation fails to meet production and quality standards.
- Inspect equipment and /or materials to identify maintenance issues, the cause of errors, other problems or defects.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift rotation - some days some nights.
- Extrusion: 1 year (Preferred)
- Machine Operator: 1 year (Preferred)