Retail Store Associate
Corona Store | Corona, CA | Full Time
Jenson USA offers 30,000+ items for the bicycle enthusiast online at www.JensonUSA.com and at retail locations in Corona and Riverside, California. Serving the bicycle community since 1994 Jenson USA has succeeded by following it's mission to be the best company for customers to buy from, for vendors to sell to, and employees to work for. You can read more about the history at www.JensonUSA.com/company/aboutus
Summary of Primary Functions
The Store Associate III embodies Jenson USA’s retail vision to deliver a WOW with every interaction at our retail store locations. Store Associates reaching the III level have demonstrated a broad understanding of Jenson USA processes and procedures and have career and training experience that has increased their knowledge and capabilities as Senior members of our retail store teams.
The Store Associate III helps customers select appropriate products, handles transactions including more complicated returns or exchanges, and works to resolve errors in processes in a rapid fashion to minimize the effect on our customers. Associates at the III level model customer relationship building for employees at the I and II level and demonstrate our core values in action.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Operate store Point of Sale machines Assist retail store customers with order entry: manual entry of orders, guidance on using kiosks, handling returns or exchanges, etc. Run the complete bike process consisting of qualifying customer, test ride, and delivery process start to finish. Prepare the retail location for normal operations at opening time (lights, signage, setup PCs, etc) and handle end of day procedures. Answer incoming phone calls and respond to incoming customer email Assist with the setup and teardown of marketing events at the retail store location (movie premieres, vendor presentations, etc) Serve as an escalated decision-maker in the absence of the Store Manager Has higher-level technical capabilities (assemble and tune Taiwan built-bike)
- High school Diploma required.
- Friendly, approachable, and capable of selling enthusiasm for cycling.
- Able to demonstrate Jenson USA’s core values through daily work.
- A bicycle background is a must. The Store Associate III position requires an active, enthusiast cyclist with deep and broad knowledge of the products we sell.
- Prior experience in a bicycle retail store.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be computer literate (browser, email, office applications).
We offer a variety of benefits and perks for employees and their family, with the freedom to choose the plans that best fit their everyday life.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
- Supplemental Insurance
- Relocation Consideration
- Paid Time Off
- Proximity to Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park
- Employee Purchase Discount Program and Pro Deals
- Commuter Program
- Indoor Bicycle Parking
- Company Celebrations and Social Hours
- Ping Pong Tournaments
- Vendor & Service Clinics
- Professional Growth & Development Opportunities
- Bike Ambassador Program