Retail Assistant Manager
Corona Store | Corona, CA | Full Time
Jenson USA is an e-commerce cycling retail business.
Our purpose is to inspire people to Ride, Experience, and Explore.
We bring our culture to life through our values.
We are focused on a vision to “grow” beyond our limitations.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
The Retail Assistant Manager (RAM) will support the Retail Manager in the daily operations of an industry leading bike shop. The RAM will assist with managing the store team members and help drive the overall success of the store, identifying employee and store needs. The RAM will be considered the lead sales motivator and driver for the sales team. The RAM will ensure that staff provides excellent customer service and are properly trained in all aspects of their position. In the absence of the Retail Manager, The RAM is held responsible for being proficient in the completion of all retail store operations.
- Works with sales team to drive sales through all channels by motivating and improving selling behaviors.
- Demonstrates strong initiative and maintains a high productivity level to serve as a role model for retail sales associates.
- Provides outstanding shopping experience through benchmark customer service practices.
- Supports and partners with Retail Manager in communicating goals, expectations, daily tasks and feedback.
- Communicates monthly sales goals to Sales team while providing progress updates throughout the month.
- Shares feedback with Retail Manager regarding staffing and scheduling needs.
- Maintains outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards.
- Helps manage and finds solutions to staff and customer issues and complaints.
- Manages the daily cash flow and deposits weekly bank drops.
- Assists Retail Manager with sales number updates for Company and Store KPI reporting.
- Assists with opening and closing procedures, employee scheduling, inventory management, special orders, receiving Inventory, and warranties.
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
A bicycle background is a must. The successful candidate will be an advocate for cycling in the local community and a knowledgeable resource for both employees and customers regarding all aspects of cycling.
WHAT WOULD SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- Minimum of 2 years retail management experience
- Minimum of 2 years of customer service experience in a sales-driven environment
- Cycling Industry knowledge of mountain and road bikes
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite and other technology software
- Riding interest or current rider experience
- Adaptability - Demonstrates flexibility with change.
- Organization – Effectively manages time and the workspace. Balances conflicting priorities to manage workflow, ensure completion of essential projects and meets critical deadlines.
- Proactive Anticipation of Needs – Addresses problems and acts to prevent them. Utilizes analytical skills and broad understanding of the business to effectively interpret needs.
- Communication – Listens to understand the needs; speaks with confidence using clear and concise language, produces well-thought-out professional correspondence that is free from grammatical and spelling errors.
- Service Oriented – Interacts professionally with leaders, clients, vendors and team members. Promptly responds to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor.
- Team Player – Works as a competent member of the team, willing to provide backup support for others.
- Computer/Technical Savvy – Is proficient in using standard office equipment. Demonstrates advanced proficiency by adapting to new technology and easily acquiring new technical skills.
- Judgement – Exhibits sound judgement and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction. Swiftly refers problems/issues to the appropriate person when necessary.
- Initiative – Works effectively without constant and direct supervision or guidance.
- Confidential – Handles sensitive materials with discretion.
- Resourceful – Provides creative solutions in ambiguous situations.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a variety of benefits and perks for employees and their family, with the freedom to choose the plans that best fit their everyday life.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
- Supplemental Insurance
- Relocation Consideration
- Paid Time Off
- Proximity to Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park
- Employee Purchase Discount Program
- Commuter Program
- Indoor Bicycle Parking
- Company Celebrations and Social Hours
- Ping Pong Tournaments
- Vendor & Service Clinics
- Professional Growth & Development Opportunities
- Bike Ambassador Program