Purchasing | Riverside, CA | Full Time
ABOUT THE TEAM
Jenson USA is an e-commerce cycling retail business. Our purpose is to inspire people to Ride, Experience, and Explore.
We bring our culture to life through our values.
We are focused on a vision to “grow” beyond our limitations.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Purchasing Coordinator plays a primary role in maintaining open Purchase Orders and
completing Purchasing Department data entry. The successful candidate will communicate closely
with Receiving (Inbound), Accounting and the Sales and Customer Relations Departments, as well as
with Jenson USA vendors. This role is responsible for maintaining reports for the Purchasing,
Receiving and Sales and Customer Relations Departments.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
▪ Item Creation & Maintenance
o In line product creation
o Assign vendor item to item numbers
o Maintain price changes
o Discontinue product as it becomes unavailable
o Check that MSRPs are listed
o Check that closeout items are indicated as closeout
o Set Up offer prices
▪ PO Verification
o Verify Purchase Orders against Invoices
o Manage PO Discrepancies
▪ PO Management
o Maintain PO’s as they are finished by the Receiving (Inbound) Department
o Enter invoices into the system for payment
o Manage shortages/overages on vendor shipments
▪ Manage POD (PO Discrepancy Inventory)
o Determine if the product can be put into stock or if it needs to go back to the Vendor
o Contact vendors regarding PO discrepancies
o Create and manage open RTVs
▪ Maintain Open POs
o Establish ETAs (contact vendors to get estimated time of arrival on open BOs)
o Manage past due date reports and open BO reports
▪ Maintain Reports
o Purchasing KPI Report
o INA Report
o BO Status Report
o PO Variance Report
▪ Other duties as assigned and determined by business needs.
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
▪ High School diploma or GED required
▪ Proficiency in the Microsoft suite, (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
▪ Demonstrated abilities in verbal and written communications
▪ Knowledge or experience in the bike industry is a plus!
WHAT WOULD SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
• Adaptability - Demonstrates flexibility with change.
• Organization – Effectively manages time and the work-space. Balances conflicting priorities to
manage workflow, ensure completion of essential projects and meets critical deadlines.
• Proactive Anticipation of Needs – Addresses problems and acts to prevent them. Utilizes
analytical skills and broad understanding of the business to effectively interpret needs.
• Communication – Listens to understand the needs; speaks with confidence using clear and
concise language, produces well thought-out professional correspondence that is free from
grammatical and spelling errors.
• Service Oriented – Interacts professionally with leaders, clients, vendors and team members.
Promptly responds to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor.
• Team Player – Works as a competent member of the team, willing to provide back-up
support for others.
• Computer/Technical Savvy – Is proficient in using standard office equipment. Demonstrates
advanced proficiency by adapting to new technology and easily acquiring new technical skills.
• Judgement – Exhibits sound judgement and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the
absence of direction. Swiftly refers problems/issues to the appropriate person when
• Initiative – Works effectively while asking for direction when needed.
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer a variety of benefits and perks for employees and their family, with the freedom to choose the plans that best fit their everyday life.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
- Supplemental Insurance
- Relocation Consideration
- Paid Time Off
- Proximity to Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park
- Employee Purchase Discount Program and Pro Deals
- Commuter Program
- Indoor Bicycle Parking
- Company Celebrations and Social Hours
- Ping Pong Tournaments
- Vendor & Service Clinics
- Professional Growth & Development Opportunities
- Bicycle (road, mountain, cross) Race Entries
- Bike Ambassador Program