Inside Sales Representative (Gear Advisor)
Sales & Customer Relations | Riverside, CA | Full Time
Jenson USA offers 30,000+ items for the bicycle enthusiast online at www.JensonUSA.com and at retail locations in Corona and Riverside, California. Serving the bicycle community since 1994 Jenson USA has succeeded by following it's mission to be the best company for customers to buy from, for vendors to sell to, and employees to work for. You can read more about the company history at http://www.jensonusa.com/company/aboutus
Summary of Primary Functions
Taking a path through sales at Jenson USA is an unmatched experience. Our customers are the engine that drives our tremendous success and our sales professionals are the key ambassadors to our customers. JensonUSA’s products and services range from high-end road and mountain bicycles and frames, to energy supplements and nutrition, to apparel and protective gear for cyclists. You will become an expert in all of these areas and have the ability to advise our customers about the gear they’re thinking about buying.
Our Sales/Customer Service Team is the primary link between Jenson USA and our customers. Applicants for this position should have a strong interest and passion for bicycles, as well as prior sales experience inside the bicycle or lifestyle industry or expertise from a similar industry that can be applied to the bicycle industry. Ideal candidates will have experience and training in suggestive selling and solution-based selling, and be adept at fostering ongoing relationships with customers.
A successful Inside Sales Rep will be passionate about cycling and a knowledgeable resource for both employees and customers about all aspects of cycling.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver superior service to our existing customer base while achieving monthly, quarterly, and annual sales objectives by growing our following of new, and loyal customers. (e.g. Core Value# 1 "Customers are everything. Show them the love!)
- Provide superior customer service by fielding customer calls, chats, and emails to identify opportunities for upselling and cross-selling in each medium.
- Proactively contact customers on a daily basis to follow up on past orders and current order inquiries in order to achieve sales goals.
- Responsible for engaging with customers, determining the gear that best meets customer needs, asking exploratory questions, building strong and lasting relationships, and providing solutions through consultative selling.
- Keep detailed notes of customer interactions to ensure a wow customer experience through appropriate follow up and follow through.
- Maintain a high degree of technical expertise on all of the products that Jenson USA carries through reading of industry publications and websites, participating in the sport of cycling, and occasional travel (at company expense) to dealer events and trade shows.
- Promote a team environment by collaborating with teammates to meet customer expectations.
- Handle inbound phone calls, emails and chats to assist customers with existing, past, and future orders as it relates to technical questions, package tracking, credit (billing) holds, and returns among other questions.
- Takes care of and resolves customer complaints in a manner that builds trust and lasting relationships with Jenson USA customer.
- Jenson USA maintains retail-focused operating hours; Saturday/Sunday work may be regularly scheduled.
- High School Diploma, GED, College Degree preferred.
- Prior sales experience and training preferred
- Passionate, friendly, outgoing, eager-to-learn attitude
- Specialized knowledge of both road and mountain bicycles
- Minimum two years of (B2B,outbound call center, or similar) sales experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be computer literate (browser, email, office applications)
We offer a variety of benefits and perks for employees and their family, with the freedom to choose the plans that best fit their everyday life.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account
• 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
• Supplemental Insurance
• Relocation Consideration
• Paid Time Off
• Proximity to Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park
• Employee Purchase Discount Program and Pro Deals
• Commuter Program
• Indoor Bicycle Parking
• Company Celebrations and Social Hours
• Ping Pong Tournaments
• Vendor & Service Clinics
• Professional Growth & Development Opportunities
• Bicycle (road, mountain, cross) Race Entries
• Bike Ambassador Program
*Jenson USA is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize the value of diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of any characteristic protected by state or federal law.