Administration | Riverside, CA | Full Time
Jenson USA is an e-commerce cycling retail business. Our purpose is to inspire people to Ride, Experience, and Explore.
We bring our culture to life through our values.
We are focused on a vision to “grow” beyond our limitations.
Summary of Primary Functions
As a representative for the CEO, the successful candidate is expected to support efforts that build a strong workplace culture as defined by the company’s purpose, values and vision.
Specifically, the role of Executive Assistant supports the CEO of Jenson USA with administrative tasks, special projects and personal needs. Working autonomously and with initiative, this person will anticipate needs and complete tasks using critical thinking skills and thoughtful approaches.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains confidentiality associated with the CEO and the company.
- Anticipates needs and resolves issues before they escalate.
- Responds to email, organizes and/or completes work tasks, prepares documents for the CEO’s meetings, and ensures the success of this executive office.
- Composes business correspondence on routine and confidential matters.
- Updates and tracks various business documents.
- Develops, edits and otherwise prepares PPTs and other documents that clearly convey ideas taken from high level guidelines, basic drafts or previously developed presentations. Assists in drafting and editing presentations as well as coordinating resources necessary to build presentations.
- Ensures administrative support for calendaring, note taking, scheduling travel, processing expense reports, ordering catering, making dining reservations, screening phone and mail, ensuring meeting logistics are addressed, and maintaining files, materials and information.
- Provides office management ensuring supplies are ordered, stocked and equipment is functional.
- Coordinates logistics for company meetings including ordering meals, managing vendors, arranging for audio visual needs, preparing presentations, ensuring supplies, documents and other required materials are available.
- Plans, coordinates and/or manages routine and special projects, gathering and disseminating information to ensure success.
- Prepares and manages details for vendor and other business partner visits and/or tours.
- Attends to employee hospitality ensuring recognition for life events.
- Completes errands as requested by CEO and Director Team.
- Provides administrative support to other staff as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is highly desired.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting executive level leadership.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced skills with Excel, Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge or experience in the bike industry is a plus!
- Adaptability - Demonstrates flexibility with change.
- Organization – Effectively manages time and the workspace. Balances conflicting priorities to manage workflow, ensure completion of essential projects and meets critical deadlines.
- Proactive Anticipation of Needs – Addresses problems and acts to prevent them. Utilizes analytical skills and broad understanding of the business to effectively interpret needs.
- Communication – Listens to understand the needs; speaks with confidence using clear and concise language, produces well thought-out professional correspondence that is free from grammatical and spelling errors.
- Service Oriented – Interacts professionally with leaders, clients, vendors and team members. Promptly responds to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor.
- Team Player – Works as a competent member of the team, willing to provide back-up support for others.
- Computer/Technical Savvy – Is proficient in using standard office equipment. Demonstrates advanced proficiency by adapting to new technology and easily acquiring new technical skills.
- Judgement – Exhibits sound judgement and the ability to make reasonable decisions in the absence of direction. Swiftly refers problems/issues to the appropriate person when necessary.
- Initiative – Works effectively without constant and direct supervision or guidance.
- Confidential – Handles sensitive materials with discretion.
- Resourceful – Provides creative solutions in ambiguous situations.
We offer a variety of benefits and perks for employees and their family, with the freedom to choose the plans that best fit their everyday life.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
- Supplemental Insurance
- Relocation Consideration
- Paid Time Off
- Proximity to Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park
- Employee Purchase Discount Program and Pro Deals
- Commuter Program
- Indoor Bicycle Parking
- Company Celebrations and Social Hours
- Ping Pong Tournaments
- Vendor & Service Clinics
- Professional Growth & Development Opportunities
- Bike Ambassador Program
1. Customers are Everything. Show Them the Love!
We simply exist to serve our customers and to deliver superior customer experiences. We’re a service company first that happens to be selling bicycles, parts and accessories. Notice that the value is not simply to provide great customer service, but rather to create great customer experiences. The idea here is that we endeavor to create an environment where customers leave with a refreshed feeling following their interaction with us.
Through these efforts, we work to contribute to the cycling community. We simply go bananas for cool bike stuff, and we want our customers to enjoy cycling as much as we do.
This value sheds light on the importance of our other 5 values as it is only through our execution and commitment to those other values that we will be able to deliver the level of customer experience that we intend to.
2. Set the Pace
At Jenson USA we thrive on establishing the standard that other companies look to as the example/benchmark. It is our belief that we will continuously “Set the Pace” if we focus our time and energy on personal growth and achievement. That is what will maintain our competitive edge.
A few ideas that we subscribe to that help us to set the pace include:
- Focus intensely on continuous improvement in all aspects: personal, professional, and interpersonal
- Promote strengths and be willing to recognize and improve on weaknesses
- Develop a high degree of self-awareness
- Continuously challenge your ideals
- Promote education, learning and mentorship.
3. Be Honest and Open
While this expectation certainly includes the simplistic and literal meaning of “telling the truth”, we intend for this value to extend beyond that.
When we say “Be Honest” we mean to stick to our values, follow through on our commitments, and be willing to admit when we have fallen short of those expectations. We realize that some of our ideals are altruistic in nature. We intend to recognize when we fall short and make improvements based on that very recognition.
Delivering on this value requires a superior level of communication and openness. It is paramount to the success of the company. We take the time to have the difficult conversations from the heart. Crucial conversations are not only normal, they are expected.
4. Together We Can Do Anything
There is no “my department” or “your department”. Instead there is “our company”. While it may be true that each employee has a defined set of job requirements that must be completed, these tasks should be carried out in a way that aligns with our other values.
With that in mind, the importance of team work becomes apparent. Everything that happens within Jenson USA is “our responsibility”. Our success is the result of everyone’s commitment, input and 100% intention.
5. Be a Sustainable Business
There are many decisions made in this business each year. It’s important that at Jenson USA we consider the impact of those decisions in a financially, environmentally and socially responsible way. This implies that any decision should always seek to balance three considerations: Is it financially viable? Is it socially responsible? And is it environmentally sound? This approach helps to ensure that decision-making balances financial growth with corporate responsibility and short-term gains with long-term profitability.
6. Demonstrate Leadership through Serving Others
We maximize our likelihood of achieving success when we seek service first. Below are a few of the meanings we have discussed surrounding this idea:
- Treat everyone with fairness and kindness
- Go beyond win/win and create value for all parties involved
- Be humble
- Listen more than you talk
- Build relationships
- See others’ needs as equal to your own
These guidelines ensure that we continually maintain a focus on service.