Accounting | Riverside, CA | Full Time
Jenson USA offers 30,000+ items for the bicycle enthusiast online at www.JensonUSA.com and at retail locations in Corona and Riverside, California. Serving the bicycle community since 1994 Jenson USA has succeeded by following it's mission to be the best company for customers to buy from, for vendors to sell to, and employees to work for. You can read more about the company history at http://www.jensonusa.com/company/aboutus
Summary of Primary Functions
The position applies principles of accounting in posting and reconciling transactions, statements, records, and reports grounded in a strong understanding of both accounting theory and practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Audit and process freight carrier invoices and payments.
- Reconcile merchant accounts.
- Process employee reimbursements.
- Process customer wire and financing payments.
- Handle and manage cash on hand.
- Perform reconciliations for various asset and liability accounts.
- Assist in monitoring Budget vs. Actuals.
- Determine proper handling of financial transactions and approve transactions within designated limits.
- Assist the Controller with multiple accounting duties, such as month-end and year-end tasks and special projects.
- Collaborate with the Accounting Team to support the overall department goals and objectives.
- Respond to inquiries from the Executive and Leadership Teams regarding requests for information.
- Maintain communication with all departments within the company.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years general accounting experience
Knowledge & Skills
- Must have experience with accounting systems. Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains is a plus.
- E-Commerce or Retail accounting experience.
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must demonstrate the ability to successfully prioritize and organize multiple, competing tasks with good follow-through.
- Must have strong work ethic and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have great attention to detail.
Must be team oriented with a positive attitude and a fit with the Jenson USA culture
We offer a variety of benefits and perks for employees and their family, with the freedom to choose the plans that best fit their everyday life.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
- Supplemental Insurance
- Relocation Consideration
- Paid Time Off
- Proximity to Sycamore Canyon Wilderness Park
- Employee Purchase Discount Program and Pro Deals
- Commuter Program
- Indoor Bicycle Parking
- Company Celebrations and Social Hours
- Ping Pong Tournaments
- Vendor & Service Clinics
- Professional Growth & Development Opportunities
- Bicycle (road, mountain, cross) Race Entries
- Bike Ambassador Program