Finance | Portland, OR | Full Time
Have you always dreamed of being a part of a world-class team, but haven’t quite found a culture that truly understands what this means? Well, this may be that dream opportunity ready for the taking. Janrain, an Identity Cloud service provider, has built a culture that is a magnet for top talent – a culture where innovation, intellectual honesty, and team camaraderie are more than core values. Janrain created the category it operates in; which positions it to be the largest digital identity network in the world. If you are “people" who have an insatiable appetite for success with the greater team in mind, you need to talk to us. We currently have a new role available for a Staff Accountant in our headquarters office in Portland, Oregon.
In this hands-on position, the Staff Accountant will be responsible for accounts payable (via a new A/P automated system we are implementing), credit card reconciliations, processing and paying employee expense reports in accordance with company expense guidelines. This person will also have an opportunity to perform other accounting functions for all Janrain entities and operations. Additional responsibilities may include bank and balance sheet reconciliations, general ledger activities, and other Accounting duties as assigned. This position has a high degree of contact with internal departments and external vendors. You will need to have experience and the ability to thrive in a rapidly growing and changing organization. The environment is business casual.
- Lead Accounts Payable Process for all Janrain entities, including vendor inquiries, maintaining files, and 1099 reporting (requesting and obtaining W-9’s, annual filing of 1099’s)
- Prepare all credit card reconciliations in a timely manner, working with cardholders to obtain receipts and approvals
- Manage the processing and payment of employee expense reports in accordance to company guidelines
- Manage the accounting for Fixed Assets and Prepaid Expenses
- Participate in monthly financial close process, including journal entries and other general ledger activities as assigned
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting is required
- 3+ years relevant work experience
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated understanding of timing cutoff and general ledger coding
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong multi-tasking skills
- Skilled in use of computer applications and spreadsheets, especially MS Excel
- Previous experience with Intacct accounting software is preferred
- Ability to analyze account balances and identify and research inconsistent results and resolve and reconcile items
- Ability to occasionally work flexible hours to support international operations
If you enjoy working for an innovative and rapidly growing company with a clear mission apply today! We are located in a vibrant Pearl District location in Portland, Oregon. You will enjoy free public transportation passes, bike storage, showers, stocked kitchens and monthly happy hours to socialize with your colleagues and celebrate our successes . In addition, Janrain offers a generous benefit package to take care of you and your family which includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, 401K, life insurance and disability plans and stock options.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to: http://janrain.com/about/careers/
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
You must be authorized to work in the United States. To all recruitment agencies: Janrain only accepts agency resumes from agencies with an approved agency contract. Agencies must contact Human Resources. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Janrain employees or any other company location. Janrain is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Janrain is an equal opportunity employer. Employment here is based solely upon one’s individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law. We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws.