Professional Services | Portland, OR | Full Time
Have you always dreamed of being a part of a world-class team, but haven’t quite found a culture that truly understands what this means? Well, this may be that dream opportunity ready for the taking. Janrain, an Identity Cloud service provider, has built a culture that is a magnet for top talent – a culture where innovation, intellectual honesty, and team camaraderie are more than core values. Janrain is on its way to becoming the largest digital identity network in the world with the need to expand its team with people who have an insatiable appetite for success with the team in mind. Janrain is growing its Professional Services team and looking for an experienced software development leader to join us as a Software Architect. This position at Janrain is responsible for the design, development, documentation, testing, troubleshooting, and maintenance of new and existing custom applications for Janrain clients. This is a customer-facing role that will require hands-on experience with requirements gathering and definition, technical leadership, web application development, cloud architecture, and application security best practices.
Qualified candidates will be passionate about solving complex customer problems in the cloud and have 5+ years’ industry experience developing scalable cloud-based applications.
- Work both independently and in a highly collaborative cross functional teams
- Be the primary technical owner of custom client applications in all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Be the subject matter expert (SME) on Janrain application infrastructure, development methodologies, and security standards
- Consult with engineering leadership to define best practices for custom application development and design
- Provide architectural oversight and technical leadership to internal and external development teams
- Conduct application requirements and design workshops with Janrain customers and clients
- Write and execute unit, integration, security, and performance tests
- Define and document requirements, solution design, and integration guide documentation
- Provide upper-tier technical support for Janrain customers and clients
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and/or experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with remote teams in different time zones
- Strong customer-facing communication skills
- Expertise in application development and design
- Expertise in requirements gathering and definition
- Expertise in OOP design patterns
- Proficiency designing highly available, scalable, cloud-based application architecture
- Proficiency with web application security and data privacy best practices
- Proficiency with PHP, Java and/or Python programming languages
- Proficiency creating architecture diagrams including flowcharts, wireframes, component diagrams, and sequence diagrams
- Experience leading engineering teams
- Experience building scalable applications on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with version control systems such as svn, mercurial, git, etc. (we use git)
- Experience implementing authentication and authorization protocols OpenID Connect, OAuth 2.0, and SAML 2
- Experience with additional software development languages including Go, Ruby, Scala, Java, and Node.js
- Experience with Flask Python microframework
- Experience with Silex PHP microframework
- Experience using JIRA for issue tracking
If you enjoy working for an innovative and rapidly growing company with a clear mission apply today! We are located in a vibrant Pearl District location in Portland, Oregon. You will enjoy free public transportation passes, bike storage, showers, stocked kitchens and monthly happy hours to socialize with your colleagues and celebrate our successes . In addition, Janrain offers a generous benefit package to take care of you and your family which includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, 401K, life insurance and disability plans and stock options.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to: http://janrain.com/about/careers/
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
You must be authorized to work in the United States. To all recruitment agencies: Janrain only accepts agency resumes from agencies with an approved agency contract. Agencies must contact Human Resources. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Janrain employees or any other company location. Janrain is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Janrain is an equal opportunity employer. Employment here is based solely upon one’s individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law. We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws.