Engineering | Portland, OR | Full Time
Have you always dreamed of being a part of a world-class team, but haven’t quite found a culture that truly understands what this means? Well, this may be that dream opportunity ready for the taking. Janrain, an Identity Cloud service provider, has built a culture that is a magnet for top talent – a culture where innovation, intellectual honesty, and team camaraderie are more than core values. Janrain created the category it operates in; which positions it to be the largest digital identity network in the world. If you are “people" who have an insatiable appetite for success with the greater team in mind, you need to talk to us. If you are looking to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment focused on leading edge technology, then we should talk. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, well-organized team player to join our Engineering team as a DevOps Engineer. Qualified candidates will have experience building highly robust, secure, and scalable cloud based infrastructure in support of the delivery of software as a service.
• Work in a highly collaborative team environment to contribute towards the goal of developing and maintaining Janrain's SaaS offering
• Implement robust and scalable infrastructure on AWS to exceed customer SLAs
• Integrate tightly with engineering teams to enhance the various operational components of Janrain software
• Innovate and automate to create stable, up-to-date and low maintenance processes
• Support Janrain's commitment to security by supporting voluntary and compulsory compliance efforts in best-practices based systems design and implementation methodologies
• Bring expertise in comprehensive (hardware/application/services) monitoring and automation, and help build resilient and self-healing systems that comprise our platform.
• Prevent waste by proactively auditing and building systems to scale deployed resources to match need dynamically.
• Monitor and audit health of infrastructure, and participate in on-call support rotation with the team for events requiring manual intervention or escalation.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education/experience
• Four to six years experience administering scalable and secure operational infrastructure for internet hosted software products
• Experience implementing and/or supporting multi-tier infrastructure for internet hosted software products
• Experience implementing/supporting monitoring and alerting systems
• Experience with collaborating in design/architecture/implementation throughout the SDLC with software engineering teams
• Linux system administration and scripting skills (python, bash, boto)
• Experience with configuration management systems controlling deployment and config/change automation
• Experience implementing operational solutions on AWS
Detailed knowledge of running and presenting RESTful Web Services
Building/supporting continuous integration/delivery pipelines including environment reproduction, deployment, resource scaling.
Experience managing Go and Python services, HAProxy, Redis, Riak, Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, memcached, or Rails applications
Experience working towards compliance for ISO 27001, ISO 27018, SOC2, HIPPA, SAS 70, and/or PCI
Experience with configuration-management/automation frameworks like Ansible and Terraform
If you enjoy working for an innovative and rapidly growing company with a clear mission apply today! We are located in the Pearl District in the Portland, Oregon community. You will enjoy free public transportation passes or subsidized parking or commuting costs, bike storage, showers, stocked kitchens and monthly happy hours to socialize with your colleagues and celebrate our successes. In addition, Janrain offers a generous benefit package to take care of you and your family which includes medical, dental, vision coverage, paid time off, 401K, life insurance, disability plans and stock options.
To apply for this position, please send a resume to: http://janrain.com/about/careers/
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
You must be authorized to work in the United States