Alliance Manager-Portland or Other US City
Alliances | Portland, OR | Full Time
Have you always dreamed of being a part of a world-class team, but haven’t quite found a culture that truly understands what this means? Janrain, an Identity Cloud service provider, has built a culture that is a magnet for top talent – a culture where innovation, intellectual honesty, and team camaraderie are more than core values. Janrain is on its way to becoming the largest digital identity network in the world, with the need to expand its team with people who have an insatiable appetite for success with the team in mind. That’s where you come in. If you are looking to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment focused on leading edge technology, then we should talk. We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic, well-organized team player to join our team! If you are passionate about working with large enterprise customers to achieve unprecedented levels of business success, this may be the role for you. Janrain is growing its Alliances team and looking for an experienced Alliance Manager to join our team.
The Alliance Manager is responsible for identifying and building sustainable alliance relationships in support of Janrain’s strategic growth objectives. This position will lead the planning, development, integration and sale of Janrain solutions in partnership with Systems Integrators. This is an individual contributor role, reporting to the Vice President of Alliances. As a key member of the Janrain team, the Alliance Manager will identify market opportunities, and lead cross-functional teams comprised of Janrain and partner resources to execute against global go-to-market plans. These plans include building differentiated solutions that expand the Janrain brand in key industries such as Retail, Consumer Goods, Financial Services, and Health Care. The Alliance Manager will define and execute cross-company policies and procedures that support field engagement, account mapping, forecasting, opportunity development and promote trust with the Janrain Sales organization. We are open to candidates in other US cities; however frequent travel to headquarters office in Portland, Oregon may be required.
- Recruit and manage partnerships with strategic alliance partners (SIs) that deliver joint solutions and incremental sales
- Define, negotiate and close global alliance agreements (OEM, Resell, Cosell) with strategic alliance partners
- Align partner and Janrain sales and professional services team execution against target accounts
- Design and implement programs that enable partners to build, and take-to-market Janrain solutions
- Facilitate engagement between partner and Janrain leadership teams which support product design, sales execution, services delivery and industry positioning objectives
- Define and implement processes and policies that enable partners to scale revenues in a low touch model
- Structure and execute partner business plans and measure and report on attainment against plan objectives
- Work with Marketing to design and execute lead generation and awareness campaigns and events
- Manage the enablement of partners including the creation of sales tools and training curriculum
- 10+ years’ experience in identifying, managing and monetizing Alliances
- Proven track record of exceeding alliance sales (“influenced revenue”) quota in a highly competitive environment
- Deep understanding of sales: methodologies, process, coverage models and systems
- Experience coordinating a cross-functional team of professionals in sales campaigns that include Sales Executives, Field SE’s, Inside Sales, Field Marketing, Professional Services, etc.
- Self-starter with effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills necessary to meet deadlines across a portfolio of 2-4 partner accounts
- Success differentiating and successfully positioning new, disruptive vertical and horizontal solutions supported with effective GTM execution
- Thorough understanding of target partner organizational structures and GTM models
- Proven ability to recognize, analyze, and execute on small and large-scale enterprise-wide business opportunities, as well as coordinate resources across large programs to achieve business goals
- Proven ability to structure, negotiate and close global distribution, development and marketing agreements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent presentation skills – Dynamic presenter with the ability to convey information to all levels including CXO levels
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills. Ability to participate effectively in cross-functional teams and work well in a matrixed organizational environment
- Travel up to 50%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Computer Science; MBA preferred
If you enjoy working for an innovative and rapidly growing company with a clear mission apply today! We are located in a brand new office in the vibrant Pearl District in Portland, Oregon. You will enjoy free public transportation passes, bike storage, showers, stocked kitchens and monthly happy hours to socialize with your colleagues and celebrate our successes. In addition, Janrain offers a generous benefit package to take care of you and your family which includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, 401K, life insurance and disability plans and stock options.
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to: http://janrain.com/about/careers/
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
You must be authorized to work in the United States
To all recruitment agencies: Janrain only accepts agency resumes from agencies with an approved agency contract. Agencies must contact Human Resources. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Janrain employees or any other company location. Janrain is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Janrain is an equal opportunity employer. Employment here is based solely upon one’s individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy status, sex, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristics protected by law. We will also make all reasonable accommodations to meet our obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws.