Product Manager, Monetization
Product | Boston, MA | Full Time
Jana is helping make the internet free for the next billion. Through Jana's mCent Browser app, our users earn free data for their ordinary everyday browsing. Free Internet connectivity is made possible through partnerships with 311 mobile operators across the globe.
Over 30 million users of Jana apps and hundreds of clients, including Amazon, Machine Zone, and Recarga have benefited from 4.0 billion megabytes of app usage driven by Jana’s platform.
Besides that, we feature a host of perks, both "traditional" (health insurance, 401K, etc.) and "startup"-type (too many to list, but trust us, you'll love them.) You'd have a blast here, while learning and growing professionally, and making the world a better place for billions of people.
Jana’s monetization team is a fast-paced, execution-oriented team responsible for driving how we connect advertisers, content providers, and merchants with our unique audience. We’re looking for a seasoned product manager to join us to define and help build the set of monetization infrastructure, channels, and features that will allow us to realize our mission of making the internet free for the next billion.
- Collaborate cross functionally with engineering, sales, design, and data analytics to ideate, develop, and launch new user-facing features and internal tools
- Use qualitative insights (including research trips to our markets) and data analysis to identify new ad and partnership monetization opportunities (programmatic, CPI, shopping affiliates, sponsored content, etc.)
- Participate in shaping Jana’s long-term monetization strategy
- Determine and prioritize technical and data reporting requirements for integration with partners / internal systems and internal tools
- Creatively build the best experience for our users while delivering as much value for our revenue partners as possible
- 3-6 years product management experience
- Prior experience with publisher-side monetization including familiarity with ad tech landscape of DMPs, ad servers, SSPs, etc.
- Prior experience shipping consumer-facing portions of an app or site
- Understanding of UX fundamentals and user-centered design principles
- Strong analytical skills, preferably including prior experience with Excel modelling and SQL
- Experience crafting solutions for advertisers, ad agencies, and brand clients preferred
- Experience with consumer mobile app development
- Deep familiarity with an emerging market country: have you lived or worked abroad?