Technical Director - Show, Independent Contractor
Design | Orlando, FL | Contract
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
ITEC is looking for an independent contractor in the following capacity - Technical Director - Show.
- Engage in both detailed and high-level analysis of show art, concept and script to develop scope-of-work documentation, ensuring all disciplines are properly managed and the highest level of input is delivered to the project.
- Identify and define the creative and technical requirements, and coordinate with vendors, consultants, and the project team for the following:
- Digital Signage
- Ride and Show Control
- Show Lighting
- Special Effects
- Show Action Equipment
- Pyrotechnics, fireworks, and flame systems
- Ride and Show back of house support requirements
- Performer and staff back of house support requirements
- Park wide systems requirements
- Regularly update the Senior Technical Director as to the project’s technical team performance, show support, technical solutions, vendor management, budget and schedule compliance.
- Delegate and provide research in the identification of various technical solutions, manufacturers and qualified vendors for show-related scopes of work.
- Partner and manage relationships with architecture and engineering teams to ensure work effectively supports the creative intent for the shows and rides, that they comply with recognized industry standards, required performance specifications, and building and safety codes.
- Manage the production plans to guarantee efficacy, reliability and maintainability
- Provide hands-on oversight in the production and fabrication efforts for the project.
- Ensure consistent review and reporting of status to project teams and project management.
- Five (5) or more years in theme park attraction development or equivalent theater production experience.
- Firsthand experience and/or exposure to managing Show Technical Production efforts at the community theatre level or higher
- University Level Degree in one of the following: Theatre Design & Technology or Stage Management.
- Strong firsthand knowledge of compliance to industry recognized standards, performance specifications, local AHJ standards and code compliance
- The ability to work as a team in a busy environment with a minimum of conflict.
- Ability to work to deadlines in occasional high-pressure situations.
- Team leadership, ability to manage through others to accomplish team goals and objectives
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Word, Project, Outlook, Powerpoint, and Adobe Pro. AutoCAD is a plus.
- Ability to read and understand design and engineering drawings including: Architectural, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Lighting, Audio/Video, Show Set, Animation, and Electronic Controls.
- Language Skills: English (speak/read/write)
Approximately 3 months
Theatrical Design & Technology