Technical Coordinator, Independent Contractor
Design | Orlando, FL | Contract
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
ITEC has contract opportunities for Technical Coordinator, Independent Contractor.
- Assist with analyzing show art, concept and script to develop scope-of-work documentation, ensuring all disciplines are coordinated and the required level of input is delivered to the project.
- Create and review scope-of-work documents for lighting, audio, video, scenery, properties special effects, show action equipment and/or ride systems.
- Maintain regular updates with the Assistant Technical Director as to the project’s show support, technical solutions, vendor management and schedule.
- Provide research in the identification of various technical solutions, manufacturers and qualified vendors for the various scopes of work.
- Provide support in documentation, coordination and occasional supervision for Assistant Technical Director, Technical Director and Senior Technical Director as requested
- Attend meetings, take notes and provide updates on project where necessary
- Coordinate with members of Creative, Architectural and Engineering teams to request or provide relevant project information
- College degree with production experience outside the classroom.
- Firsthand experience and/or exposure to participating in Show Technical Production efforts at the college or community theatre level.
- University Level Degree in one of the following: Theatre Design & Technology or Stage Management.
- Knowledge of compliance to industry recognized standards, performance specifications, local AHJ standards and code compliance
- The ability to work as a team in a busy environment with a minimum of conflict.
- Ability to work to deadlines in occasional high-pressure situations.
- Peer-to-peer leadership, ability to manage through others to accomplish team goals and objectives
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Word, Project, Outlook, Powerpoint, and Adobe Pro. AutoCAD is a plus.
- Ability to read and understand design and engineering drawings including: Architectural, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Lighting, Audio/Video, Show Set, Animation, and Electronic Controls.
- Language Skills: English (speak/read/write)
Approximate Length of Contract
Theatrical Design & Technology; Ride Technology