Studio Director, Creative Design
Design | Orlando, FL | Full Time
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com
The Studio Director, Design is responsible for directing and providing leadership for activities in the Design Studio including, but not limited to, all business, staff and financial operations, project profitability, marketing and business development, client success, and employee development. Director with 10 plus years of design experience, with experience in the themed entertainment industry a plus.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage and build the client relationship (business development), including proposal generation for new projects.
- Achieve quote and revenue targets.
- Develop and manage client budgets, schedules, plans, and programs; project communications and documentation; office administrative tasks; and project team assignments.
- Evaluate existing projects and clients for profitability.
- Coordinate with Discipline Leads, Project Managers and Production Managers throughout all offices to ensure consistency of processes and deliverables.
- Responsible for mentoring, training and development of unit members.
- Proactively address the technical quality issues and knowledge base of the team through the development of processes, identifying and providing needed training, and addressing individual performance issues.
- Project future workloads and determine staffing capabilities and needs.
- Evaluate drawings, renderings, drawing sets, and other client and vendor documentation to ensure quality and detail level.
- Advanced skills in client communications, contract administration, project scheduling, team leadership, building design and consultant coordination.
- Strong knowledge of spatial composition and show design principles
- Ability to represent the project and the company by presenting in front of a client
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to perform/manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Required Education & Experience
- College degree in Graphics, Design, or other related field required
- Requires at least ten (10) years of experience in design
- Photoshop or Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch-up experience preferred
- Experience in the hospitality industry preferred
- This position required 10-20% travel availability
- Travel could be off-site, out of state, or international
- Must have a valid passport
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds. Travel outside the office, and the United States is possible.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.