Sr. Lighting Designer
Design | Orlando, FL | Full Time
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
ITEC Entertainment is looking for an experienced Senior Lighting Designer who can deliver creative, quality design solutions to our thematic entertainment projects. This person will work closely with the design, architecture, and technical teams to ensure the design vision is executed creatively and technically through the design of the lighting system. They will enjoy a collaborative working environment in a studio atmosphere, and will be involved in all project phases, from concept, through development, and possibly construction.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the overall design vision, delivery and execution of the lighting system design packages for large scale and complex projects
- Produces renderings using software tools to create conceptual lighting images
- Works with the design team to select appropriate light fixtures for the project with respect to design intent, cost, performance and aesthetics
- Manages clients, vendors, lighting project scope, design resources, and deliverables to meet project budget
- Responsible for oversight of the lighting system design: Architectural and Entertainment fixture recommendations and selection, equipment plans, equipment integration, lighting calculations, electrical load requirements
- Creates Scope of Work for outside contractors when necessary
- Works with the Project Manager to create/review Vendor RFP packages.
- Executes project plans and fulfills contracted scope while meeting all deliverable deadlines
- Participates in presentations with the architectural and creative design teams to external clients
- Responsible for staying up to date with new architectural and entertainment lighting products and methods
- Participates in the quality control review of fellow designers and engineers
- Software proficiency in MS Office, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Software, Vectorworks, MEGAMAN, LightCalc, AGi32, or DIALux, etc.
- Working knowledge of lighting applications and luminaire photometry
- Account for lighting design decisions and project outcomes
- Client communication is critical to explain and direct lighting designs with our teams and clients
- Excellent conceptualization and design ability including mastery of graphic communication of design ideas
- Excellent lighting specification writing skills
- Has a working knowledge of major light fixture manufacturers, industry trends in lighting, and continues to grow and keeping up to date in the field.
Required Education & Experience
- 5+ years’ of experience in lighting design in the entertainment, theatrical, or themed entertainment industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Lighting Design, Theatrical Lighting Design, or Interior Design required.
- Proficient in MS Office, AutoCAD, and Adobe Creative Software
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with all levels (internal/external); strong oral and written skills are critical
- Master's Degree preferred
- Excellent understanding of working within architectural process and/or design phases
- Understanding of Entertainment lighting control systems
- Working knowledge and hands on experience with reputable international lighting fixtures and products a plus.
- Experience with international clientele, APAC and EMEA regions specifically is a plus
- Cert/Licensing preferred (CLD, IALD Professional Member, United Scenic Artists/IATSE, LEED, NCQLP LC, etc.)
- Travel may be required for this position
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.