Finance/HR | Orlando, FL | Full Time
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
This position reports to the Accounting Manager and will be responsible for compiling financial information, processing journal entries, reconciling accounts and analyzing financial data. This person should have a thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP. They are responsible for performing monthly and year-end close procedures including preparation of schedules, reconciliations and reports. Must be able to work effectively with external auditors, tax accountants and management of the company.
Essential Job Functions
- Review, recommend, and update financial policies and procedures, in conformity with consistent application of internal controls, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and federal, state and city requirements.Provide guidance to the project team and senior management, in the initial stages of the project concept phase.
- Participate in monthly and annual closing processes including journal entries, account reconciliations, and continuous process improvement.
- Record accruals, schedule and recognize prepaid expenses for key expense categories and capitalized software projects.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for review/approval. Post and reconcile wire transfers for bank transactions, deposits, fees, and sweep transfers.Be the subject matter expert in accounting systems, policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with finance and operations groups, providing accounting subject matter expertise for business transactions.
- Prepare schedules for and assist in facilitating internal and external audits.
- Develop and document business processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Outstanding analytical skills, and technical accounting, budgeting, project management, reporting, and financial management skills.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to have a proactive approach to analyze and make decisions for productivity and efficiency
- Attention to detail and exercises due diligence
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, including ability to use formulas and manipulate large sets of data
- Attitude and flexibility to get the job done, whatever that job may be.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar
- 3+ years of accounting experience.
- Knowledge of GAAP required.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Knowledge of investment accounting and asset management a bonus.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar.
- 5+ years of accounting experience.
- Ability to work 40+ hours per week
- Travel is not required for this position
Employee will be required to sit for extended periods of time. Job entails using a computer for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.