Show Designer, Independent Contractor
Design | Orlando, FL | Contract
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
- Producing attractive and effective designs in multiple formats to induce sketches, drafts, or scaled models to develop a project.
- Create presentations of work, outlining creative goals and their relevance to the underlying program with the intent to gain internal and external approvals.
- Collaborate with internal talent and external vendors to execute the desired vision.
- Assist with maintaining the cohesive design in elements associated with the project through all phases of design and development
- Evaluate quality, appropriateness of purpose and details on project documents within their scope.
- Foster positive and productive team relationships with a focus on teamwork and communication.
- Participate in design and program development, as requested.
- Strong technical ability and competency with design tools such as CAD, Illustrator, Sketch Up, etc. to develop high-quality show set/scenic design drawings, 3D modeling, and architectural design as may be necessary for a given project scope.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines in high-pressure situations.
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects at the same time, accept changing client demands and adjustments to schedule or scope.
- Ability to read and understand design and engineering drawings including: (architectural, structural, electrical, mechanical, lighting, A/V, animation, electronic controls, ride mechanical and ride controls) in order to develop functional design drawings.
- 5+years' experience withtheme park attraction, theatrical production, or resort/visitor attraction design and development.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture, Fine Arts Design, Graphics, Computer Design or other related field
- Ability to hand sketch to convey creative intent
- Working knowledge of various show technologies (lighting, A/V, EFX, Ride Systems)
- Good working knowledge of SketchUp, AutoCAD, Adobe graphics software, 3D software, and Microsoft Office Suite
- This position does not currently require travel
Approximate Length of Contract
Approx. 6 months