Show Design Intern
Design | Orlando, FL | Internship
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
The Show Design Intern position will support and collaborate with the Design-Studio team as well as other employees and functional areas. This internship is for an undergraduate or graduate student majoring in an entertainment-design-related concentration, with a self-starter mentality, attention to detail and willingness to approach the position as an opportunity to develop new skills and make improvements to existing skills. Must be able to produce attractive and effective designs in multiple formats to induce sketches, drafts, or scaled models and must thrive in a fast-paced, fluid work environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Create a visual representation of vision for projects, taking into account feedback and perspective from internal and external clients
- Produces scenes for various projects relating to attraction, show concepts and other entertainment experiences using one more of the following mediums:
- 3D Mdels
- AutCAD Drawings
- Assist with maintaining the cohesive design in elements associated with the project through all phases of design and development
- Understanding f the different phases of design
- Strong technical ability and competency with design tools such as CAD, Illustrator, Sketch Up, etc. to develop high-quality show set/scenic design drawings, 3D modeling, and architectural design as may be necessary for a given project scope
- Demonstrates proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat)
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the team, including strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and flexibility are must-have qualities
- Ability to read and understand design and engineering drawings including: (architectural, structural, electrical, mechanical, lighting, A/V, animation, electronic controls, ride mechanical and ride controls) in order to develop functional design drawings.
- Ability to solve problems creatively
- Collaborative communication with a focus on teamwork is essential
- Ability to work to deadlines in high-pressure situations
- Ability to take feedback and critique of work
Required Education & Experience
- Currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from, a design-related undergraduate program
- Experience creating designs of sample layouts and visual concepts
- A portfolio of your past work must be submitted and reviewed to be eligible for this position
- Experience in the themed entertainment industry
- Prior professional experience
- Master’s Degree in an Entertainment-Design related field
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds. This person must be able to travel domestically and internationally for extended periods of time.