Sets & Scenic Designer, Independent Contractor
Design | Orlando, FL | Contract
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
- Recommend techniques and technology that might be applicable to tell the story.
- Produce base sheet ground plans, elevations, sections, details, ride track layout, seating configuration, show equipment locations plan/elevations, lighting, audio, projection, color call outs, texture references, and updated sheet count for design package.
- Participate in meetings with the Show team members to further develop the show concept.
- Develop base sheet ground plans, elevations and estimated sheet count for design package.
- Coordinate with facility design for location of partition walls, fire containment, exiting requirements and MEP services.
- Work with the Technical Director to identify potential high-risk items.
- Coordinate with both the Creative, Architecture and Technical members of the team to ensure all show elements are accommodated within the design.
- Possess the ability to take creative direction and produce sketches, details and schematic drawings that support the storyline and demonstrates visual reinforcement from a guest’s point of view.
- Able to sketch using hand-rendering and computer software.
- Experience and/or exposure to Show Production efforts above $10 mil in value.
- Ability to read and understand design and engineering drawings including: Architectural, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Lighting, Audio/Video, Animation, Electronic Controls, Ride Mechanical and Ride Controls
- Working knowledge of various show technologies (lighting, A/V, EFX, Ride Systems)
- Ability to work to deadlines in high-pressure situations.
- Good working knowledge of SketchUp, Revit, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite
Required Education & Experience
- University Level Degree in one of the following: Liberal Arts /Theater Technical Design, Architecture, Interior Design.
- 5+ years experience in major themed attraction development or major theatrical productions
- Experience hand sketching to convey creative intent
- Presentation skills
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours is required, as needed.
- Travel 25% - 50% is required for this position
- Travel could be off-site, out of state, or international
- A valid passport is required for this position
Approximate Length of Contract
Approx. 6 months