Senior Project Designer
Architecture | Orlando, FL | Full Time
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1985, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
ITEC is looking to hire a Senior Project Architect/Designer. The Senior Project Architect/Designer works in concert with the Design team and leadership to ensure that the established design intent of the project is incorporated within detailed design development and documentation. Learn more about ITEC at www.itec.com.
Essential Job Functions
- Participate in guiding, informing and coordinating architectural and interior design efforts within the project.
- Coordinate designs with the ITEC creative team.
- Utilize a holistic perspective and sensitivity in consideration of project type, building economics, functionality, proportion, building systems, materials, color and texture.
- Participate in the design process from conceptual through schematic design, ensuring that the design intent is consistent and properly executed.
- Prepare graphics presentations, models for design studies, presentations and design documents.
- Excellent hand sketching skills.
- Experienced in AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office.
- Experience in Revit is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of architectural building systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
Required Education & Experience
- Minimum of 8 years of project design experience in the themed entertainment industry or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- Master’s degree in Architecture
- Licensed Architect preferred
- Travel up to 25% is required for this position
- Travel could be off-site, out of state, or international
- A valid passport is required for this position
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds. Travel outside the office, and the United States is possible.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.