Schematic Production Designer
Design | Orlando, FL | Full Time
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
ITEC Entertainment is looking for an experienced Schematic Production Designer who can prepare show set packages, production drawings, and other typical schematic drawing sets for the design studio. This person will have extensive experience in reading technical documentation including scenic and show-set packages, landscape plans, and architectural plans.
Essential Job Functions
- Designs and drafts schematic-level production drawings and pages in accordance with company standards, working with the Show Design, Landscape Architecture and Architectural teams
- Verify accuracy and completeness of all deliverable products and services in assigned areas of responsibility
- Design and draft various page layout-types
- Understand and implement drawing numbering systems
- Create, edit and review schematic packages and pages for proper documentation, symbols and call-outs
- Demonstrate technical ability and competency with proficiency working with design tools such as AutoCAD, InDesign and SketchUp Layout
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment to meet tight deadlines
- Have previous experience with proper schematic-level documentation and a working knowledge of industry standards
- Possesses creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and the ability to multi-task while balancing rapidly changing priorities
- A “can do” attitude that is solution oriented and the willing to put in the extra effort required to get projects done on time and executed at the highest level of quality
Required Education & Experience
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a schematic designer role
- Associates Degree in Computer Aided Design or equivalent experience
- AutoCAD drafting skills are required
- A portfolio of your work must be submitted to be considered
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with all levels (internal/external); strong oral and written skills are critical
- Previous experience within the Themed Entertainment Industry
- Travel is not required for this position
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.