Project Manager (Show Producer)
Project Management | Orlando, FL | Full Time
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
The Project Manager shall function as the principle manager for the design, development, and design package production for various company projects. S/he will participate with various Company and Creative executives to produce a production work plan and define staffing requirements that support the Project scope, schedule, and budgetary goals. On a daily basis, working with design and creative management personnel, this person will provide oversight and guidance of the design process utilizing various disciplines to function as a team to produce a coordinated design package. Experience in the themed entertainment or hospitality industry is strongly desired.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide leadership, oversight and guidance for internal stakeholders, vendors and consultants through the design process.
- Oversee and produce a production plan and/or production strategy that organizes design production efforts to support the overall Project scope, schedule and budget.
- Oversee the development of detailed scope of work documents that become the basis of contract for design development consultants should they be required.
- Manage the design and engineering process to ensure Project goals, budget, and schedule are being addressed and met.
- Provide consistent review and weekly reporting of status and issues of concern (plan, financial, schedule, burn rate, etc.) to departmental management with a subset of this information (plan & schedule) to the Project team at regular, set intervals.
- Provide weekly status report, after review by departmental manager, to client without exception, for the duration of the Project.
- Initiate and manage kickoff meetings and weekly Project status team meetings.
- Manage relationships with clients and third parties as appropriate to the Project.
- Review and approve all vendor invoices with the Responsible Individual, staff time submissions and financial status.
- Ensure the Project server folder is established, is maintained and is kept updated throughout the Project duration.
- Serve as the ITEC interface with the client for all Project-related correspondence and deliverables.
- Manage changes to the Project scope, schedule, or budget.
- Look for opportunities to propose additional scope of work on current or new client projects.
- Review deliverables and contractual milestones along with vendor invoices, to ensure the contractual requirements for payment are met.
- Complete the closeout of the Project, including final invoicing and payments for fees and expenses, closeout procedures, archiving of documents, review of the Project, and final financial analysis.
- Represent ITEC when requested, professionally and in accordance with Company policies and standards at all times.
- Mentor supporting staff to develop and grow their skills and experience. Be a leader. Be considerate. Be kind.
- Must be a self-starter and a long-range planner, and be able to work with little daily supervision.
- Skilled in scope, budget and schedule development and monitoring.
- Able to manage multiple projects, over distant locations with diverse teams.
- Demonstrated team leadership and the ability to manage others to accomplish team goals and objectives.
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent evaluation, assessment and problem-solving skills.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat. Microsoft Project or equivalent, a plus.
- Ability to read and understand design and engineering documents and drawings including: (Programmatic Information, Architectural, Landscape Architectural, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Lighting, Audio/Video, Show Set, Animation, Electronic Controls, Ride Mechanical and Ride Controls)
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in one of the following: Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Planning, Business Management, Construction Management, Liberal Arts – Theater or equivalent.
- 5+ years of strong project management and/or show production experience in the themed entertainment industry.
- Proven organizational, written and verbal communication and strategic planning skills a must.
- International cultural sensitivity and experience dealing with international clientele a plus.
- Previous architectural, engineering, design, or related experience in global customer-facing business.
- Large project experience within the themed entertainment or hospitality industry.
- Themed entertainment project field experience.
- Knowledge of industry vendors, manufacturers and products.
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Candidate must have a valid passport and not be restricted from travel to any country(ies).
- Ability to work beyond a normal work week (evenings/weekends) as needed.
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery or equipment. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds. Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.