Project Manager, Americas
Project Management | Orlando, FL | Full Time
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
The Project Manager, Americas shall function as the principle manager for the overall design, development and design package production for various company projects. He/she will participate with multiple Business Unit Directors and Design Executives to produce a production work plan and staffing requirements that supports the project goals. On a daily basis, this person will provide oversight and guidance of the design process utilizing various disciplines to function as a team to produce a coordinated design package. Experience in the themed entertainment or hospitality industry is strongly desired.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide leadership, oversight and guidance for multiple business units, vendors and consultants through the design process.
- Oversee and produce a production plan that organizes design production efforts to support the overall project schedule.
- Oversee the development of detailed scope of work documents that become the basis of contract for design development consultants.
- Oversee and evaluate the most effective contracting methodology to achieve the contract deliverable requirements. Ensure research on various production strategies that support the design intent and review those options.
- Manage the design and engineering process to insure project goals, budget, and schedule are being addressed and met.
- Provide functional support of business unit managers, vendors and consultants
- Consistent review and reporting of status to project team and regional management.
- Manage relationships with clients, partners and vendors
- Review deliverables and contractual milestones along with vendor invoices to ensure the contractual requirements for payment are met.
- Advanced skills in budget development, managing multiple business units, remote locations, and international business development
- Team leadership, ability to manage through others to accomplish team goals and objectives
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Word, Project, Outlook.
- Good working knowledge of SketchUp, AutoCAD and Adobe Acrobat preferred.
- Ability to read and understand design and engineering drawings including: (Architectural, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Lighting, Audio/Video, Show Set, Animation, Electronic Controls, Ride Mechanical and Ride Controls)
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in one of the following: Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Liberal Arts - Theater
- 5+ years of strong project management & production experience
- Proven organizational and strategic planning skills a must
- Previous architectural, engineering, design service, or related experience in global customer-facing business.
- Experience within the themed entertainment or hospitality industry.
- Domestic US and International travel will be required
- Candidate must have a valid passport
- Ability to work overtime (evenings/weekends) as needed
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds. Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.