Project Architectural Designer
Architecture | Orlando, FL | Full Time
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com
The Project Architectural Designer will have at least 5 years’ experience in the themed entertainment industry. This person will demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between design, production and constructability. The role is responsible for fostering and maintaining a collaborative, professional working relationship with the project team.
Essential Job Functions
- Participate in all project phases including conceptual designs, presentations, schematic design, design development, construction documents and production.
- Collaborate with design team, clients, consultants, contractors, fabricators, regulatory agencies and other vendors to meet overall project objectives.
- Submit architectural drawings to management for review and approval.
- Modifiy and update designs based on review comments.
- Manage and execute design assignments related to deliverable schedule.
- Must have exceptional skills in 3D modeling and rendering
- A very thorough understanding of construction documents
- High level of organization and attention to detail
Required Education & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in the themed entertainment industry is required
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Architecture is required
- Experienced in AutoCAD from set-up to CD
- Must provide a portfolio for review
- Travel up to 25% is required for this position
- Travel could be off-site, out of state, or international
- A valid passport is required for this position
- Must be available to work evening and weekends, as needed.
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds. Must be able to travel outside the office, and the United States.
ITEC offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package designed to support employees throughout all stages of their career. As an employee of ITEC your benefits include:
- Bi-weekly pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (vacation/sick/personal time)
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company match
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.