Landscape Architect/Area Development Designer
Planning | Orlando, FL | Full Time
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
The Landscape Architect/Area Development Designer will be responsible for all aspects of the design process including conceptual design, presentation of graphics, and landscape construction documents. They will work closely with our Design, Architecture, and Planning departments to design top-notch projects for our themed entertainment, attraction, and hospitality clients. This talented and professional Landscape Architect/Area Development Designer will demonstrate an understanding of all phases of design, while being able to collaborate well in a team environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Create graphic renderings and modeling for projects requiring landscape design
- Working within a team framework, as well as independently, on high profile international themed entertainment, destination attractions, mixed-use, commercial, and institutional projects.
- Preparation of conceptual drawings, graphic design, illustrative master plans, schematic detailed drawings, reports and other written submittal requirements.
- Strong presentation graphics including 3-D perspectives
- Strong design skills, conceptual master planning, detail design and analysis critical thinking abilities.
- Strong hand graphics and the ability to sketch out ideas quickly
- Basic understanding of Landscape Architectural construction detailing
- Good analytical and technical writing skills
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Sketchup, and MS Office programs.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture and/ or Urban Planning from an accredited University.
- 2-5 years direct work experience in landscape design, architecture, and/or urban planning
- Experience in the themed entertainment, attractions, and/or theatrical industries preferred.
- Construction documentation and knowledge is a bonus
- Travel up to 25% is required for this position
- Travel could be off-site, out of state, or international
- A valid passport is required for this position
- Ability to work overtime hours (evenings/weekends) when needed
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds. This position requires the person to be able to travel domestically and internationally.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.