Information Technology & Support Manager
IT/Facilities | Orlando, FL | Full Time
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
As a leader, the Information Technology & Support Manager is responsible for planning, implementing and supporting enterprise wide information systems and technologies, including enterprise system operations, technical services, and information security, to support the management and operations of the organization. The Director will collaborate with Corporate and Regional leaders and other key stakeholders to establish goals and define the IT infrastructure and support strategy and objectives. Other responsibilities include research, design and development of new information system technologies to meet the strategic goals of the company, to assure security and integrity of data systems, and to manage vendors.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures that the operational efficiency and integrity for all IT infrastructure and applications are met through established best practices to drive improved efficiency and scalability.
- Provides technology vision and leadership for developing and implementing networking and business applications that improve cost effectiveness, service quality and business development in a constantly changing environment; supervises and provides input for cost-benefit analysis and the prioritization change requests.
- Provides formal supervision and coaching for the IT infrastructure and support team and sets vision and direction to inspire and drive continuous improvement of IT policies, standards and procedures.
- Works in partnership with the company senior leadership on all strategic initiatives and continuously improves IT policies, standards and procedures by anticipating issues, providing advice and sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Conceptualizes, designs and maintains IT infrastructure, cloud services and hardware infrastructure.
- Manages and optimizes facilities, demand/capacity, scalability, and load balance, etc.
- Direct the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of technical platforms, including software, integrations and infrastructure upgrades.
- Ensures the availability of services to meet user expectations.
- Provide direct oversight of IT Staff within the organization.
- Provides effective and timely responses in the event of service or application failure.
- Provides tech support to individual users.
- Resolves service or application problems and satisfying user requests.
- Maintains effective user communication on the status of work in progress.
- Share knowledge and develop staff capabilities to strengthen understanding of the IT industry, business issues and best practices.
- Represent Information Technologies to the company at large
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 or more years of experience in IT leadership positions
- Preferred candidates will have experience working in a multi-location hybrid windows /mac workstation environment, have a strong understanding of Windows Networking and Server environments and will have experience optimizing cloud and Office 365 applications.
- Proven experience and/or demonstrated capability in leading IT infrastructure groups in complex and dynamic environments including management of cross-functional teams and locations and influence of key IT and business stakeholders.
- Attainment of relevant certifications and professional networking via involvement in industry groups
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in Business from an accredited institution
- Experience with supporting international employees and work stations
- Must be able to work overtime (evenings and weekends) as needed
- This position may require travel
- Travel could be off-site, out of state, or international
- Must have a valid passport
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds. This person must be able to travel outside the office, and the United States.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.