Design | Orlando, FL | Full Time
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
ITEC is looking for an full-time Illustrator with at least 3-4 years experience in designing creative, clean, consistent artwork, preferably related to themed entertainment design and/or related industries. This role will design, plan and produce a variety of sketches, digital paintings and illustrations for use in ITEC project concept art. This person will work closely with the Creative Director, Project Manager and Studio Manager, and must be able to select the best techniques to deliver the desired visual effects. The Illustrator will demonstrate a deep understanding of line work, shading, layout, structure, perspective, color and theming. Strong collaboration with a number of teams and disciplines is a must.
Essential Job Functions
- Produces scenes for various projects relating to attraction, show concepts and other entertainment experiences
- Actively participates and offers creative solutions to existing or brand new entertainment offerings
- Acts as storyteller to create a visual representation of vision for projects, taking into account feedback and perspective from internal and external clients
- Selects the best techniques and tools used to produce the desired visual effects
- Uses treatments, drawings, photos, models or sketches to coordinate in determining objectives and translate them into graphical representations
- Takes direction from and collaborates with Creative Director to produce high quality work
- Occasionally engages in graphic design work
- High skill level in Adobe Creative Suite, as well as Microsoft Office
- Ability to solve problems creatively
- Collaborative communication with a focus on teamwork is essential
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task across several ongoing projects or switch modes quickly
- A “can do” attitude that is solution oriented and the willingness to put in the extra effort required to get projects done on time and executed at the highest level of quality
Required Education & Experience
- At least 3-4 years experience in an art-related field
- A portfolio of your past work must be submitted and reviewed to be eligible for this position
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with all levels, as well as strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and flexibility are must-have qualities
- Associates degree or higher in Design, Illustration or similar
- Demonstrates proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience with managing project timelines and product quality
- Travel is not required for this position
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.