Director of Architecture
Architecture | Orlando, FL | Full Time
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com
The Studio Director, Architecture is responsible for directing and providing leadership for activities in the Architecture Studio including, but not limited to, all business, staff and financial operations, project profitability, marketing and business development, client success, and employee development. Director with 10 plus years of architecture experience, with experience in the themed entertainment industry a plus.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the overall management of the Studio and studio staff.
- Manage and build the client relationship (business development), including proposal generation for new projects and market to bring in new clients and leads to achieve quote and revenue targets.
- Actively manage client budgets, schedules, and programs; project communications and documentation; office administrative tasks; and project team assignments.
- Budget, schedule, direct teams, prioritize multiple projects and deadlines, and communicate with internal partners and clients effectively and efficiently.
- Evaluate existing projects and clients for profitability.
- Responsible for mentoring, training and development of unit members.
- Work to develop Project Managers to provide quality control and to work effectively with other departments.
- Coordinate with Project Managers to identify workload issues, adjust team assignments as appropriate, and ssist them in the completion of projects within time and budget constraints.
- Coordinate with department heads and production managers throughout all offices to ensure consistency of processes and deliverables.
- Proactively addresses the technical quality issues and knowledge base of the team through the development of processes, identifying and providing needed training, and addressing individual performance issues.
- Project future workloads and determine staffing capabilities and needs.
- Oversee internal project production as well as coordinate with consultants on the project to ensure ease and continuity of communication throughout project
- Desire and ability to bring in new business and is results driven
- Has, or is able to obtain, knowledge of ITEC’s business, processes, and working relationships
- Able to determine a structured and strategic approach to determine a high-level solution for a given problem and provide guidance and direction to designers
- Must be able to communicate effectively with staff and clients at all levels; use verbal and written communications to support and validate an idea
- Ability to collaborate with multiple disciplines to reach a shared goal
- Demonstrated understanding of theme park design and the principles it takes to build the project
- The ability to understand and analyze projects and communication in either written, verbal, or graphic representations for user groups, contractors, administrators, consultants, engineers, and to a variety of non-professional contacts.
- The ability to present projects to leadership, clients, or other large groups
Required Education & Experience
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Architecture
- 10+ years experience in a Architectural role - design experience is a must, as well as bringing in new business
- Knowledge of Computer Modeling, AutoCAD, Autodesk Architecture, Revit, MS Office Suite
- Architectural Registration
- Photoshop or Adobe Creative Suite experience
- Experience in the theme park or hospitality industry
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours required, as needed.
- This position required domestic and international travel up to 50%
- Must have a valid US Passport
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds, several times per day. Repetitive and/or physical tasks will be done on a regular basis. Must be able to travel for extended periods of time via car, train, and plane.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.
ITEC offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package designed to support employees throughout all stages of their career. As an employee of ITEC your benefits include:
- Bi-weekly pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (vacation/sick/personal time)
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company match
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.