Engineering | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
As a strategic leader, the Director, Engineering oversees aspects of the company’s engineering designs and staff in our Los Angeles, CA office. Provides technical leadership and direction to the office staff and is responsible for strategic planning and customer and partner relationships. The position is responsible for ensuring that these functions are led in a way that maximizes company profits and aligns with the company’s culture and values while building a team.
Essential Job Functions
- Introduce new and existing customers to company capability
- Solicit RFP’s from new and existing customers for engineering services
- Prepare, present and close proposals and quotes
- Plan, organize, staff and build teams to meet the business objectives
- Lead and manage the company’s engineering team
- Be a part of our management team and collaborate with critical business functions including manufacturing, quality assurance and technical support to develop new processes, equipment and methods, in a cost-effective manner
- Is the primary visionary to develop, teach and execute necessary & sufficient strategies to achieve department goals and continuous improvement expectations
- Lead the process and measurement system and indicators at department or key areas to ensure good flow with standardization, continuous improvement concepts and transference of the best practices among all the assigned areas
- Manage and direct projects, create detailed plans and budget resources to accomplish goals
- Participate in the development, implementation and management of department budget
- Hire, train and provide coaching and feedback to the engineering staff
- Develop department employees through implementation of their personal development plans, goal setting and timely performance reviews
- Develop metrics to ensure the proper training and appropriate certifications of personnel are being accomplished
- Plan, guide, manage and support engineering activities and related projects
- Utilize best practice engineering methods and provide expert technical guidance for engineering initiatives
- Create/design and manage requirements for large complete complex systems and drive development from start to completion
- Manage department with multiple projects simultaneously with employees assigned to locations on projects around the world
- Represent engineering department to the company at large
- Advanced skills in client communications, contract administration, project scheduling, and team leadership
- Ability to represent projects and the company by presenting to clients
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering from an accredited institution
- Possess 10+ years of directly related engineering experience
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience in engineering design with demonstrated experience in industrial and process controls using Allen Bradley or Siemens PLC's in large scale integrated control applications
- Minimum 5 years of experience working on designs and implementation of systems using safety rated control systems such as Allen Bradley GuardLogix controllers
- Minimum 5 years experience managing engineering teams designing and developing large scale safety rated control systems meeting ISO and ASTM standards.
- Strong leader of people, with ability to develop technical talent and technical leadership
- Ability to provide coaching and direction on both employee and engineering issues while maintaining a positive employee, customer and results focused culture
- Operational focus with the ability to manage multiple projects, programs and activities successfully using best practice processes and management techniques
- Experience working with international suppliers, designers and engineers including remote engineering teams.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Master’s degree in Business from an accredited institution
- This position requires 30% travel availability
- Travel could be off-site, out of state, or international
- Must have a valid passport
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds. This person will also need to travel outside of the state and country.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.