Creative Director - Contractor - China
Design | Orlando, FL | Contract
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
The Creative Director - Contractor must possess strategic and innovative thinking, the ability to work in a fast-paced site-installation environment and be client facing with strong presentation skills. Must be experienced in Theme Park Dark Ride production, installation, and programming. Knowledge of various industry ride systems, show technology, set and scenic design is an asset. Collaborates with Show Producer to maintain the desired creative intent. Responsible for driving the creative design through all phases of the project.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain collaborative relationships with executive leadership, project management, architectural, digital and studio production teams.
- Provide creative oversight for set and scenic, animated figure, special effects, and media integration and programming for complex dark rides
- Collaborate with field personnel like art directors to ensure that all creative ideas are presented and executed properly.
- Communicate the creative vision of the developed concept and design
- Advanced skills in client communications, team leadership, and field creative supervision.
- Strong knowledge of spatial composition and show design principles
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with various disciplines
- Must be a creative thinker and problem solver with strong technical ability with various design techniques/tools such as show set / scenic design and drafting, 3D modeling, architectural design and/or others.
- Working knowledge of large scale projection and media systems integrated with a dark ride system.
- Able to work on large scale themed attraction construction sites
Required Education & Experience
- 8+ years’ experience in Theme Park and Attraction Design Concept design and Production.
- Knowledge of various industry ride systems, show technologies, set and scenic design is required
- 5+ years’ experience as an art director working in a theme park and attraction development environment, including experience acting as a supervisor for other creatives. Proven leadership experience, including coaching and mentoring
- Experience utilizing Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- 5+ years’ experience with Multi-Media Dark Ride installations including large scale media integration
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Fine Arts, Theater, or Architecture from an accredited institution
- Experience in China working on themed attractions and rides
- This position will require relocation to China for an 18 to 24-month period
- Must have a valid passport and be able to obtain a Chinese Visa
- Housing, transportation and per diem will be provided
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds.