Design | Orlando, FL | Full Time
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
The Creative Director must possess strategic and innovative thinking, the ability to develop and maintain schedules and be client facing with strong presentation skills. Experience in any mix of : theme parks; rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail a must. Knowledge of various industry ride systems, show technology, set and scenic design is an asset. Collaborates with Show Producer to maintain the desired creative intent. Responsible for driving the creative design through all phases of the project.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain collaborative relationships with executive leadership, project management, architectural, digital and studio production teams.
- Lead strategic brainstorming sessions, story development, creative brief development, and direct creative execution.
- Oversee prioritization for both our internal Creative team and outsourced resources
- Collaborate with design personnel to ensure that all creative ideas are presented properly
- Concept, develop, art direct, sell and execute big-thinking, integrated ideas. Create amazing assets as an individual contributor and lead by example
- Actively mentor the Creative team: recognize where each member is in their careers, where they want to go, and support their development
- Advanced skills in client communications, contract administration, project scheduling, team leadership, building design and consultant coordination
- Strong knowledge of spatial composition and show design principles
- Ability to represent the project and the company by presenting to clients
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to perform/manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Must be a creative thinker and problem solver with strong technical ability with various design techniques/tools such as show set / scenic design and drafting, 3D modeling, architectural design and/or others.
Required Education & Experience
- 10+ years experience in Theme Park and Attraction Design Conception and Production a must
- Knowledge of various industry ride systems, show technologies, set and scenic design is required
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Fine Arts, Theater, Architecture or similar creative field
- 8+ years experience as an art director working in a park and attraction development environment, including experience acting as a supervisor for other creatives. Proven leadership experience, including coaching and mentoring
- Highly experienced utilizing Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Master’s degree in Fine Arts, Theater, or Architecture from an accredited institution
- Project management experience
- This position requires 10% travel availability
- Travel could be off-site, out of state, or international
- Must be able to obtain a valid passport
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds. Travel outside the office, and the United States is possible.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.