Internal Application: Control Systems Fabrication and Installation Lead
Engineering | Los Angeles, CA | Full Time
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1985, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
The Control Systems Fabrication & Installation Lead will be responsible for assisting the engineering team with the fabrication and installation of control system equipment. This person will be responsible for quality, consistency and the overall capacity of the installation process, with the ability to support our company expectations and customer needs. They will be resolving job site issues, coordinating 3rd party contractors, and organizing the overall site supervision process. Job sites may include attraction locations or subcontracted vendor locations where ITEC control systems are being fabricated.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepares the overall installation program and resource planning
- Responsible for planning and organizing the delivery and storage of materials and tools to the site and placing the orders to subcontractors
- Responsible for site preparations and follow-up of site readiness
- Accountable for customer satisfaction and quality of installation
- Accountable for Sub-contractor quality and Safety performance
- Single point of contact towards the customer during installation regarding site management, responsible for internal and external communication during the project
- Provides feedback to installers regarding installation outcomes vs. company standards.
- Provides feedback and holds installers accountable for installation standards while maintaining strong relationships. Regularly communicates challenges, changes and expectations with installers.
- Demonstrates high level of professionalism through communication and interactions with customers and property residents.
- Implement, monitor, and enforce adherence to quality and safety policies including onsite safety and quality audits.
- Utilize daily reporting tools to ensure jobs are correctly categorized and take ownership of all of projects.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with peers and stakeholders across the organization.
- Supervise and coordinate fabrication activities when equipment is being fabricated outside of ITEC’s Orlando fabrication shop.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to do the job.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and assertive; comfortable with decision making and potential for confrontation.
- Able to use a computer and ability to learn new systems.
- Possess satisfactory written and reading communication skills to communicate with installers, engineers and clients.
- Aptitude to work with people of varying skills and education levels including, laborers, store owners and GCs
- Problem-solving and follow-up skills
- Solid time management skills with an ability to arrive at job site on schedule and keep the project moving
- Detail orientation, maturity and ability to fly, rent cars and self-manage arrival and departures to and from job-sites
- Ability to oversee contractors to ensure repairs and maintenance are executed correctly.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
Required Education & Experience
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience in an installation or project management role
- Current valid Driver License and ability to drive manual and automatic transmission vehicles as needed. Maintain a vehicle and auto insurance for use to travel to job sites. Travel to job sites using personal or company vehicle.
- Must possess excellent project management skills.
- Experience in a leadership or management role
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours required, as needed.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time domestically
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time internationally
Employee will be required to move, sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to sixty pounds, several times per day. Repetitive and/or physical tasks will be done on a regular basis. Must be able to travel for extended periods of time via car, train, and plane.
ITEC offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package designed to support employees throughout all stages of their career. As an employee of ITEC your benefits include:
- Bi-weekly pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off (vacation/sick/personal time)
- Paid holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company match
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Employee Referral Program
- And more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.