Control Systems Engineer
Entertainment Technology | Orlando, FL | Full Time
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com
ITEC is looking to hire multiple Control Systems Engineers with varying levels of experience (0 – 10 years). The Control Systems Engineer is responsible for designing, programming and commissioning control systems for a wide variety of ride control systems, show control systems, animation control systems, and special effect control systems used in complex integrated theme park attractions. The role includes coordination with the ITEC Engineering team as well as working closely with ITEC’s clients and other client vendors.
- Designing, programming and integrating large scale control systems designed to meet the specific needs of theme park attractions.
- Developing design drawings using AutoCAD software.
- Performing Engineering Calculations for control system designs.
- Developing design documentation that thoroughly describe all aspects of the intended designs.
- Work with ITEC’s purchasing staff to ensure the correct parts are ordered and received on schedule.
- Work with ITEC’s fabrication staff to provide direction when needed during the fabrication process.
- Develop the software for the control systems following ITEC’s software development processes and procedures.
- Prepare the control system equipment for the factory acceptance testing which is performed at ITEC’s offices prior to delivery to site.
- Work on site to commission the control systems and perform the Site Acceptance Testing.
- Extended domestic and international travel is required at times during attraction integration.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar degree is required for Engineer position.
- 0 - 10 years in a role with control system design, software development, installation and integration.
- Seasoned engineers should have working knowledge of Allen Bradley ControlLogix and GuardLogix systems as well as typical industrial control system equipment. Experience with variable frequency drives, servo drives and/or hydraulic servo control is a plus.
- Experience with show, audio, video and show lighting controllers from manufactures such as Alcorn McBride, QSC, Media Matrix, 7th Sense, Anitech. ETC and Medialon is a plus.
- Flexibility to travel to domestic and international job sites for extended periods to support attraction integration is required.
- Proven attention to details and follow-up.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, documentation are a must.
- Ability to show good judgment.
- Strong computer and networking skills.
- Computer Skills: Word, Excel, AutoCAD