Control Systems Engineer
Entertainment Technology | Orlando, FL | Full Time
ITEC is looking to hire several Control Systems Engineers with 0 – 10 years experience. The Control Systems Engineer is responsible for designing, programming and commissioning control systems for a wide variety of ride control systems, show control systems, animation control systems, and special effect control systems used in complex integrated theme park attractions. The role includes coordination with the ITEC Engineering team as well as working closely with ITEC’s clients and other client vendors.
Essential Job Functions
- Design, program and integrate large scale control systems designed to meet the specific needs of theme park attractions.
- Develop design drawings using AutoCAD software.
- Perform engineering calculations for control system designs.
- Develop design documentation that thoroughly describe all aspects of the intended designs.
- Work with ITEC’s purchasing staff to ensure the correct parts are ordered and received on schedule.
- Work with ITEC’s fabrication staff to provide direction when needed during the fabrication process.
- Develop the software for the control systems following ITEC’s software development processes and procedures.
- Prepare the control system equipment for the factory acceptance testing which is performed at ITEC’s offices prior to delivery to site.
- Work on site to commission the control systems and perform the Site Acceptance Testing.
- Seasoned engineers should have working knowledge of Allen Bradley ControlLogix and GuardLogix systems as well as typical industrial control system equipment.
- Strong written documentation and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer (MS Office & AutoCAD) and networking skills.
- Ability to show good judgment with proven attention to details and follow up.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar degree is required for Engineer position.
- 0 - 10 years in a role with control system design, software development, installation and integration.
- Flexibility to travel to domestic and international job sites for extended periods to support attraction integration is required.
- Experience with variable frequency drives, servo drives and/or hydraulic servo control is preferred.
- Experience with show, audio, video and show lighting controllers from manufactures such as Alcorn McBride, QSC, Media Matrix, 7th Sense, Anitech. ETC and Medialon is a plus.
- The ability to speak Mandarin and/or Vietnamese is a plus for overseas projects
- Extended domestic and international travel is required at times during attraction integration.
- Travel could be off-site, out of state, or international
- A valid passport is required for this position
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds. Travel outside the office, and the United States is probable.