Internal Application: Control System Technician III
Fabrication | Orlando, FL | Full Time
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
The Control System Technician III will work primarily on all aspects of the fabrication and assembly of industrial control systems. This role also maintains and repairs all electronic, electrical, and mechanical systems and sub-systems associated with controls, including component repair, replacement, and troubleshooting. This position will also support the operation, calibration, and inspection of control systems. This role also maintains and repairs all electronic, electrical, and mechanical systems and sub-systems associated with controls, including component repair, replacement, and troubleshooting.
Essential Job Functions
- Lay out and assemble basic electrical circuits and assemblies
- Lay out and assemble machines based on drawings and detailed verbal instruction
- Perform basic mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and provide feedback to Engineering
- Resolve issues during assembly, testing of equipment, tools and projects alongside Engineering
- Create labels for components and wire labels for hook up wire on control panels
- Crimp connector pins and/or ferules.
- Terminate hook up wires per drawing schematics
- Cable and wire dress out
- Panel Soldering
- Operate basic power tools including chop saw, drill press, hand drill, others
- Support shipping and receiving equipment
- Cleaning & organizing of shop space
- Light facility maintenance support
- Train, work with and mentor Level 1 and Level 2 Technicians
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical blueprints, diagrams, and schematics
- Must be able to comply with all safety practices
- Ability to work independently on certain manufacturing and installation tasks
- Attention to detail and quality
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently on all manufacturing and installation tasks
Required Education & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- 6+ years’ experience in an Electrical Control System Technician role
- Hands on soldering experience
- 2-year degree in a technical field
- Experience in the themed entertainment and/or hospitality industry
- Familiarity with audio/video control systems
- Experience in installation of low voltage control system equipment
- Experience with high voltage (<480 VAC) panel work and power circuits
- Forklift operator certification
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Domestic US and International travel may be required
- Must be able to obtain a valid Passport and Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC Card) to qualify for travel assignments
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds. This person must be physically able to travel outside the office, state, and the United States.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.