Concept Design Intern
Design | Orlando, FL | Internship
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
The Concept Design Intern position will support and collaborate with the Design-Studio team as well as other employees and functional areas. This internship is for an undergraduate student majoring in conceptual design-related concentrations, with a self-starter mentality, attention to detail and willingness to approach the position as an opportunity to develop new skills and make improvements to existing skills. Must be comfortable in working in different illustrative styles set by the Creative Director and senior artists.
Essential Job Functions
- Create a visual representation of vision for projects, considering feedback and perspective from internal and external clients
- Produces scenes for various projects relating to attraction, show concepts and other entertainment experiences
- Illustration and digital painting
- Composition of original concept art
- Envirnmental and architectural art
- Character design
- Translate and interperate ideas from multiple formats into finished artwork, formats including:
- Written Treatments
- Drawings, phtos, or sketches
- 3D Mdels
- Demonstrates proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat)
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the team, including strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and flexibility are must-have qualities
- Ability to solve problems creatively
- Collaborative communication with a focus on teamwork is essential
- Ability to work to deadlines in high-pressure situations
- Ability to take feedback and critique of work
Required Education & Experience
- Currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from, a design-related undergraduate program
- Experience creating designs of sample layouts and visual concepts
- A portfolio of your past work must be submitted and reviewed to be eligible for this position.
- Experience in the themed entertainment industry
- Prior professional experience
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds. This person must be able to travel domestically and internationally for extended periods of time.