Attraction Technical Design Director
Entertainment Technology | Orlando, FL | Full Time
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com
ITEC is looking to hire a Attraction Technical Design Director. The Attraction Technical Design Director must have direct experience with designing and integrating all aspects of theme park technology into major theme park attractions. This person will be responsible to lead the team of technical designers assigned to various projects in theme park attractions around the world. Individual shall serve as the administrative head providing leadership, managerial guidance and will be responsible for the day to day management of the team. This Attraction Technical Design Director also serves as the principal leader for all matters related to Technical Direction for all projects. This role also serves as the primary point of contact for ITEC Entertainment senior management, when addressing overall technical issues related to the projects company wide.
- ·Provide guidance to the project team and senior management, in the initial stages of the project concept phase.
- Development of the show technical resource plan for the project. This plan will make assignments based on skill set and capability of the individual TD’s.
- Oversee, plan, direct, and manage staff for multiple projects from concept design through to operational handover.
- Ensure reporting of status to project teams, project senior management and ITEC senior management on a regular basis.
- Actively participate in the search and acquisition of talent to fill the TD positions for the projects.
- Provide leadership and oversight to scope development, ensure all disciplines are coordinated and the required input delivered to the project.
- Consult with Creative leadership to ensure supportive and effective participation of TD’s
- Review the development of detailed scope of work documents that become the basis of contract for fabrication and installation vendors.
- Maintain regular updates with TD’s as to the project team’s show support, technical solutions, vendor management, budget and schedule compliance.
- Provide guidance in the identification and vetting of qualified vendors for various scopes of work.
- Oversight and guidance of the show design and engineering process to insure project goals and objectives are being addressed and met
- Oversight and leadership in the design and engineering process, insuring compliance to industry recognized standards, performance specifications, and Local Codes
- Provide leadership and guidance in the development of production plans for the projects to ensure that vendor and supplier production and quality capabilities are not being over taxed based on award across multiple projects.
- Ensure production plans are based on sound business practices and will support to projects in an effective manner.
- Provide oversight through TD’s in the production and fabrication efforts for project company wide. Ensure consistent review and reporting of status to project teams, project senior management and ITEC senior management.
- Provide leadership, guidance and oversight in the coordination and installation planning for projects company wide.
- Shall serve as the primary contact for vendor contractual matters i.e. schedule, pay applications, directives, variance orders.
- Consistent review and reporting of status to ITEC senior management
- Fifteen (15) plus years of major theme park attraction development or equivalent theater production experience.
- Firsthand experience and or exposure to managing Show Technical Production efforts above $50 mil in value
- University Level Degree in one of the following: Engineering, Architecture, Business Management, Construction Management. Liberal Arts - Theater
- Firsthand knowledge of compliance to industry recognized standards, performance specifications, local AHJ standards and code compliance
- Solid people skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines in high-pressure situations.
- Skilled in Issue and conflict resolution
- Vendor management
- Governmental relations
- Strategic and organizational planning
- Team leadership, ability to manage through others to accomplish team goals and objectives
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Word, Project, Outlook, Adobe Pro, AutoCAD, SketchUp.
- Ability to read and understand design and engineering drawings including: (Architectural, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Lighting, Audio/Video, Show Set, Animation, Electronic Controls,)
- Language Skills: English (speak/read/write)
- Domestic US and International travel will be required
- Candidate must have a valid passport