Assistant Technical Director, Independent Contractor
Design | Orlando, FL | Contract
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
ITEC has contract opportunities for Assistant Technical Director.
- Analyze show art, concept and script to develop scope-of-work documentation, ensuring all disciplines are coordinated and the required level of input is delivered to the project.
- Develop detailed scope-of-work documents which will become the basis of contracts for fabrication and installation vendors for lighting, audio, video, scenery, properties special effects, show action equipment and/or ride systems.
- Maintain regular updates with the Technical Director and Senior Technical Director as to the project’s show support, technical solutions, vendor management, budget and schedule compliance.
- Provide research in the identification of various technical solutions, manufacturers and qualified vendors for the various scopes of work.
- Verify that the work of project architecture and engineering teams effectively support the creative intent for the shows and rides, that they comply with recognized industry standards, required performance specifications, and building and safety codes.
- Ensure the production plans are based on efficacy, reliability and maintainability and will support to project in an effective manner.
- Provide oversight in the production and fabrication efforts for the project. Ensure consistent review and reporting of status to project teams and project management.
- Two (2) years of theme park attraction development or equivalent theater production experience.
- Firsthand experience and/or exposure to managing Show Technical Production efforts at the college or community theatre level.
- University Level Degree in one of the following: Theatre Design & Technology or Stage Management.
- · Firsthand knowledge of compliance to industry recognized standards, performance specifications, local AHJ standards and code compliance
- The ability to work as a team in a busy environment with a minimum of conflict.
- Ability to work to deadlines in occasional high-pressure situations.
- Team leadership, ability to manage through others to accomplish team goals and objectives
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Excel, Word, Project, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Adobe Pro. AutoCAD is a plus.
- Ability to read and understand design and engineering drawings including: Architectural, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Lighting, Audio/Video, Show Set, Animation, and Electronic Controls.
- Language Skills: English (speak/read/write)
Approximate contract length
Theatrical Design & Technology; Ride Technology