Assistant Project Manager
Project Management | Orlando, FL | Full Time
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1985, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
The Assistant Project Manager shall function in support of the project manager for the execution of various company projects. S/he will participate with creative management and other team members to help produce a production work plan and define staffing requirements that support the project scope, schedule and budgetary goals. On a daily basis, working with design and creative management personnel, this person will track document the design process utilizing various disciplines to function as a team to produce a coordinated design package. Experience in the themed entertainment or hospitality industry is strongly desired.
Essential Job Functions
- Track progress, costs and deliverables throughout the Project life through closeout.
- Help to produce a production plan that organizes design production efforts to support the overall project scope, schedule and budget.
- Help to develop detailed scope of work documents that become the basis of contract for design development consultants should they be required.
- Track and support the project manager during the design and engineering process to insure project scope, budget, and schedule goals are being addressed and met.
- Prepare, at the project manager’s direction, a weekly reporting of status and issues of concern (plan, financial, schedule, burn rate, etc.) with a subset of this information (plan & schedule) to the project team at regular, set intervals.
- Document the kickoff meeting, client calls, consultant and team meetings. Ensure that these notes are stored in an organized manner in the Project folder on the Company server.
- Support the Project Manager to successfully manage relationships with clients and third parties as appropriate to the Project.
- Organize and review all vendor invoices and staff time submissions in support of the Project Manager.
- Review deliverables and contractual milestones along with vendor invoices, to ensure the contractual requirements for payment are met.
- Ensure the Project server folders, Project setup and kickoff documents, closeout and various reports are thorough, up to date, organized and stored appropriately in the Project folder on the Company server throughout the duration of the Project.
- Complete the closeout of the project, including final invoicing and payments for fees and expenses, closeout procedures, archiving of documents, review of the Project and final financial analysis.
- Represent ITEC when requested, professionally and in accordance with Company policies and standards at all times.
- Be a team player. Help others when requested.
- General understanding of budget and schedule development and monitoring and working with diverse teams and scopes.
- Ability to take direction and self-motivate to accomplish team goals and objectives.
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills.
- Good evaluation, assessment and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat. Microsoft Project or equivalent, a plus.
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in one of the following: Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Business Management, Construction Management, Liberal Arts – Theater or equivalent.
- 2+ years of project and/or show production experience.
- Proven organizational, written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Previous architectural, engineering, design, or related experience in global customer-facing business.
- Experience within the themed entertainment or hospitality industry.
- Themed entertainment project experience.
- Knowledge of industry vendors, manufacturers and products.
- International cultural sensitivity and experience dealing with international clientele.
- Ability to read and understand design and engineering documents and drawings including: (Programmatic Information, Architectural, Landscape Architectural, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Lighting, Audio/Video, Show Set, Animation, Electronic Controls, Ride Mechanical and Ride Controls).
- Must be able to travel both domestically and Internationally, although the need for either will be very limited, if at all, with work being conducted out of the ITEC home offices.
- Candidate must have a valid passport and not be restricted from travel to any country(ies).
- Ability to work beyond a normal work week (evenings/weekends) as needed.
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery or equipment. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds. Must be physically able to travel domestically and internationally.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.