3D Modeler - Independent Contractor
Design | Orlando, FL | Contract
ITEC Entertainment Corporation is the global industry leader of award-winning, entertainment solutions that ignite the dreams of hundreds of millions of people all over the world. ITEC’s culture of performance and innovation pushes the frontiers of themed entertainment design, production and technology to new heights. Founded in 1986, ITEC has delivered over 300 of the most successful and comprehensive guest experiences spanning: theme parks, rides and shows; cultural attractions; resorts and mixed-use; themed dining; entertainment centers; and themed retail. ITEC is headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit us at www.ITEC.com.
* This is for a contract project position only, lasting 4-5 months. It is not a solicitation for staff employment.
ITEC Entertainment is looking for an experienced 3D Modeler – Independent Contractor to create renderings for our theme based projects. In this role, candidates will be using modeling software such as Sketch Up, Maya, 3DS Max, and AutoCAD to create computer renderings for presentation and planning purposes. With strong 3D modeling skills, the modeler will be working closely with designers and engineers to model important features of our vision.
Essential Job Functions
- Communicates with Creative Director, Art Director and Project Manager to create assets for different stages of development
- Creates high quality 3D assets according to the direction of Creative Director on each project
- Work closely with Design team members to realize artistic visions through 3D modeling
- Collaborate with Architecture and Landscape Planning teams to ensure consistency, quality and logistical feasibility of project
- Use of scripting to automate 3D modeling/shading
- Support the overall vision for the project while taking ownership of assigned work
- Work with internal and external clients to make requested edits or modifications according to project scope, scale and timeframe
- Ability to read CAD plan and elevation drawings and translate them into 3D models
- Work within a production schedule and meet deadlines in a timely matter
- Demonstrated ability to create a wide scope of 3D assets (Characters, Architecture, Objects, UI and UX)
- Proficient in industry accepted software such as SketchUp, Maya, 3DS Max, and AutoCAD
- A “can do” attitude that is solution-oriented and willing to put in the extra effort required to get projects done on time and executed at the highest level of quality
Required Education & Experience
- Must have at least 2 years of experience with 3D asset creation
- Must have a portfolio of samples that show a proficiency in 3D modeling and texturing
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively with all levels (internal/external)
- Experience with Lumion, Maxwell Render is a plus
- A degree in Studio Art, Computer Graphics, Architecture or equivalent is preferred
- Travel is not required for this position
Employee will be required to sit or stand for extended periods of time. Will also be required to bend, twist, reach, push, pull, and operate office machinery. Must be able to lift up to thirty pounds.
Note: This job description is not intended to cover all activities, duties, or responsibilities. Other duties may be required by the employee at any time, without notice.