Senior Backend Engineer
Product Development | San Francisco, CA
isocket makes advertising suck less.
isocket builds web apps and the underlying pipes & platforms to make online ad sales easier. 70% of the money in online advertising is still bought and sold by hand, over cocktails, and through email and fax machines. Almost all of the technology and ad companies you've heard of deal with remnant "Class 2" ads - the equivalent of teeth whitening ads you see on the last page of a magazine.
Our underlying platform was the world's first to power the programmatic buying and selling of "Class 1" ad inventory by connecting APIs from advertisers software (DSPs, etc) through to publishers software (ad servers like DFP, etc.) isocket also powers self-serve advertising for some of the web's best sites in our open marketplace, www.buyads.com.
- 5+ years of experience building enterprise class scalable backend frameworks and applications.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related major.
- Expert level knowledge of Java. Proficiency in PHP and Ruby a bonus.
- Excellent object oriented design/architecture/problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Spring, Hibernate, MongoDB, MySQL technologies preferred.
- Familiarity with Eclipse, GitHub, Jenkins, Sprintly preferred.
- Experience with ad tech is a major plus. Ad servers, Real Time Bidding, DSP/SSP/DMPs, exchanges, cookies, etc.
- Experience at an early stage venture-backed startup or similarly agile, non-linear company.
- You contribute to the open source world, or at the minimum have a nice GitHub repo.
What we offer you
Working at a growing technology startup is a unique choice, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. It can be very challenging, but comes with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn it. What we bring to the table is just as important as what you bring:
- We know everyone says it, but at isocket you will absolutely make a difference. Our company is a handful of people, and we’ll remain a small but powerful team.
- The room and tools you need to create and succeed.
- The chance to work on truly game-changing products.
- You’re getting in on the ground floor of an already growing project.
- Be a part of the team many consider to already be the best early stage team in the industry.
- You will learn something and grow every day - from deep experience in a growing, VC-backed startup to friends and connections that will last. Learn from some of the best people in the business.
- Competitive or better stock options and benefits, including full health coverage, dental and vision.
This role is full time at our Burlingame, CA Headquarters, where all product development lies. Located just 30 yards from the Burlingame Caltrain station and downtown Burlingame, it's a perfect location for anyone in the bay area. Free parking on our roof. 30 foot ceilings, great windows and light, etc make for a cool place to work.
New York City is our east coast HQ and primarily focused on sales, marketing, and account management.
isocket is one of the hottest and best funded early stage startups in online ad tech. We're backed by Foundry Group, the firm behind Admeld (programmatic buying for Class 2) sold to Google in 2011, Triggit, Medialets, etc. Other investors include SoftTech, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Quest VP, David Cohen of TechStars, Blumberg Capital, and more!
Our small team of 15 is made up of industry veterans and VIPs from groups like Admeld, Rubicon Project, Google, Yahoo, and more.