Product Development | San Francisco, CA
Do you want to be part of a ground floor, funded and growing web startup? isocket is adding a few amazing people to our small team as we grow to meet exploding customer demand. We're building an advertising platform to help sites like TechCrunch (our first customer) sell their own ads.
We’re bringing the open web to one of the last closed major markets – advertising. isocket needs an incredibly talented, passionate and experienced platform engineer to join our Burlingame, CA based team.
You are someone who believes in the power of platforms - developer communities, APIs, data portability – and has been directly involved with the planning and development of them. You roll up your sleeves, write code and guide its growth. You might have been a Lead Engineer on SalesForce’s or Facebook's platform, or an experienced third party API developer.
“Responsible for successful product development” is an understatement – you’ll be a key part of one of the few growing and funded early stage startups in the Valley. This is a unique opportunity for exceptional people. You’re getting in on the ground floor of a growing project, with an industry waiting on our solution.
- Plan, build and deliver a third party API and application platform that is successfully adopted.
- Plan, build and deliver successful implementation of advertising data portability standards and schema. Create the common language and methods for isocket and outside systems.
- Plan, build and deliver a solid architecture and foundation for isocket’s growth as a platform.
- Help guide winning strategy for isocket’s advertising platform.
- Deliver. This is an ambitious project. We need ambitious people who get things done. Expectations and tempo will be high.
- Test. We’re built to learn. Analyze what’s been done, improve it, repeat.
- Work with mixed teams on support, customer feedback, platform evangelism, etc.
- Champion an engineering culture of customer-driven products, efficiency and innovation.
- Have worked at a startup or similarly agile company.
- Experience building advertising oriented products.
- You’ve been an entrepreneur. Did it succeed? Great. Did it fail? That’s OK too.
- Active in the community – real life, open source, etc.
What We Offer
Working at a growing technology startup is a unique choice, but it has its advantages. What we bring to the table is just as important as what you bring:
- Above average stock options and benefits (including full health coverage, dental and vision).
- We know everyone says it, but at isocket you will absolutely make a difference. Our company is a handful of people, and we’ll remain a small but powerful team.
- The freedom and tools you need to create and succeed.
- The opportunity to build a truly game-changing products.
- You’re getting in on the ground floor of an already growing project with traction and funding.
- A great environment with great people. We work hard, we have a lot of fun, we hate politics, and we value results.
- You will learn something and grow every day - from deep experience in a growing, VC-backed startup to friends and connections that will last. Learn from some of the best people in the business.