Demand-side Sales (Outside)
Advertisers / Demand | New York City, NY
isocket makes direct ad sales suck less.
BuyAds.com is hiring an experienced digital media salesperson to evangelize the world's largest open market of direct, guaranteed ad space on 1,000's of premium publishers. You'll source new advertisers, explain why buying direct can be better than buying remnant, and help advertisers start placing orders through BuyAds.com.
Advertisers and website publishers conduct billions of dollars in ad sales, yet most of the sales process is stuck using spreadsheets, fax machines, and outdated duct-taped-together tools. Our goal is to make it easier for advertisers and publishers to find each other and do business directly with each other.
We are not "yet another ad network" – isocket is already the leader in a giant untapped space. isocket is one of the fastest growing ad tech companies in a $15B (and doubling) industry. Over 1,500 publishers like AOL, TechCrunch, Mashable, Gawker, VentureBeat, IDG, and many of the web’s most popular sites use isocket to manage their premium ad sales.
The role: Go and get large marketers and ad agencies to buy their direct media plans through one of isocket's products.
There are multiple ways that buyers interact with isocket. Some buy directly through our BuyAds Pro product (a media planner web app) and some buy through another technical intermediary, like a DSP. Your job is to get money flowing through the isocket platform by finding, pitching, and onboarding large marketers in whatever way makes sense for them (BuyAds Pro, API, etc.)
Success in this role means you have varifiable and measurable media spend coming from your accounts through our system. Success means the marketers like the isocket product, they like you and their relationship with our company, and they are spending more and more of their direct budgets each over time.
Most importantly: you are selling solutions to marketers and then servicing them, not continually pitching for budgets. Think training, not pitching.
Some keys to success in this role:
- You've worked as one of our target customers - e.g. you've been a media planner at an agency, a CMO, an ad sales or ad ops person at a publisher, etc.
- You've got an existing network of people on the demand side.
- People describe you as a relentless animal, but without being annoying. You walk softly but hustle your ass off.
- You understand and enjoy the startup lifestyle. This isn't a job, it's a lifestyle choice with unique challenges.
- Travel. Regardless of where you are based, there will be occasional travel.
- You take a consultative approach to selling and relationships. isocket is bringing something totally new to the table, and our customers need experts to help them understand it.
- Be able to articulate why we're different than the hundreds of remnant solutions out there and educated advertisers why buying direct is important.
What we offer you
Working at a growing technology startup is a unique choice, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. It can be very challenging, but comes with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn it. What we bring to the table is just as important as what you bring:
- We know everyone says it, but at isocket you will absolutely make a difference. Our company is a handful of people, and we’ll remain a small but powerful team.
- The room and tools you need to create and succeed.
- The chance to work on truly game-changing products.
- You’re getting in on the ground floor of an already growing project.
- Be a part of the team many consider to already be the best early stage team in the industry.
- You will learn something and grow every day - from deep experience in a growing, VC-backed startup to friends and connections that will last. Learn from some of the best people in the business.
- Competitive or better stock options and benefits, including full health coverage, dental and vision.
This is a full time role in either our Burlingame (near San Francisco) or NYC based offices. Burlingame, CA is our Headquarters and where all product development lies. Located just 30 yards from the Burlingame Caltrain station and downtown Burlingame, it's a perfect location for anyone in the bay area. Free parking on our roof. 30 foot ceilings, great windows and light, etc make for a cool place to work.
New York City is our east coast HQ and primarily focused on sales, marketing, and account management.
isocket is one of the hottest and best funded early stage startups in online ad tech. We're backed by Foundry Group, the firm behind Admeld (programmatic buying for Class 2) sold to Google in 2011, Triggit, Medialets, etc. Other investors include SoftTech, Draper Fisher Jurvetson, Quest VP, David Cohen of TechStars, Blumberg Capital, and more!
Our small team of 15 is made up of industry veterans and VIPs from groups like Admeld, Rubicon Project, Google, Yahoo, and more.